“It's like a movie you have to find out for yourself!”

Orchard Garden Hotel
Ranked #28 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“It's like a movie you have to find out for yourself!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Clean,tidy friendly staff,cleaners are all Asian and can barely speak English but still friendly. Street noise is normal for a big city, cable cars stop at 12 pm. Close to a very nice Italian restaurant and 10 min walk to union square.Clean coin laundry two minute walk up the street. Mini bar had enough food and drink to feed a small family.
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Book room on Bush street it's quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Hungarian first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Staff were very helpful and lovely rooms. Only disappointment was the dining area although it was beautifully decorated it lacked soul when we were there it was mostly empty we think hotel needs to put this space to better or different use apart from this we very much enjoyed our stay

• Stayed July 2012
Quinn M, Front Office Manager at Orchard Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our dining area but I am pleased to let you know that we are in the process of addressing this. We have recently brought on a new head chef and we are going to see some exciting changes for our restaurant. I will be sure to pass on you lovely comments to our staff. Once again thank you so much for writing your review and we hope to see you back soon.

Kind Regards
Thomas Loughlin
Front Office Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 July 2012

You need to stop searching for hotels on tripadvisor and just pick this one. I tagged along on my husband's buisness trip and explored the city while he was busy and this hotel was the perfect starting point. Close to everything. Literally right next to the China Gate and a few blocks from everywhere you want to be in the city. Union Square, China Town, North Beach, and the cable cars. Fisherman's Wharf is a short-cable car ride away. The room is a good-sized for San Francisco (we had a king-sized room) and very comfortable. I never heard any other guests either above me or below me. The bed was very comfortable and the "green" certification did not mean less comfortable. The housekeeping staff also did such a great job!!!We did not use room service. We used the restaurant for bkfast it was the only not so great part of the hotel. But there are so many great restaurants within steps of the hotel so not really an issue. The rooftop garden is sweet and nice because our room didn't have a view and I like going up there. We stayed for 6 days and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind comments. In your review you touch upon some of the great things that make us stand out from all the rest and of course we are very proud of them. Firstly I just wanted to say how much I love your first line ‘You need to stop searching for hotels on tripadvisor and just pick this one’. It makes all our hard work worthwhile when we hear comments like that. I also liked how you said ’the "green" certification did not mean less comfortable’. We have worked really hard to prove that being green does not impact on the quality of our room.

I am sorry to hear that our Dining room was not up to scratch, but we are in the process of addressing that. We have just brought on a new head chef and will be rolling out some exciting changes very soon … so just watch this space. I will be more than happy to pass on your kinds comments to our staff and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Kind regards
Thomas Loughlin
Front Office Manager
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This was my first trip to san francisco and my boyfriend's second, and I would have to say that there is no other place that I would've stayed other than the Orchard Garden Hotel.

The start of our trip got off to a rocky start as we were were treated to an unexpected tour of downtown san francisco by our cab driver. However, things soon took a turn for the better upon our arrival at the hotel. I was happily surprised by the excellent customer service that was provided and how friendly all of the staff were. In addition, the rooms were clean and much more spacious than I expected.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I chose the Orchard Garden Inn because of the description & reviews on Hotwire. I did like the fact that it was a "green" hotel--I did not realize that it is "Leed Certified" --this is an official certification that the hotel meets high standards in being green. This is important to me due to allergies. This hotel is extremely clean without the use of harsh chemicals.
Most impressive was the management. I had booked two rooms for four of us traveling as friends. We needed the rooms to have two beds. On arrival, we found we had tow rooms with King beds, not what we thought we had booked. The front office manager took care of us and was so professional and friendly. It was so refreshing to have someone take care of a problem without having even the chance to get upset! He also suggested a fabulous place for us all to have lunch.
The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. The bathroom feels roomy and there were two plush robes in the closet. The beds were so comfortable and cozy with a fluffy duvet and lots of pillows.
Our room faced the street and I thought noise would be a problem but it was not noisy at all and got a good nights rest.
The staff was very accommodating as well. They helped us with taxis & airport transportation, stored our bags and gave us directions.
The location is also a plus. Right next to Chinatown's Dragon gate, a few blocks from Union Square and lots of great shopping.
All in all a very pleasant experience. I think the price was great considering it was the height of travel season in mid July and the quality of this hotel.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends