New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Private Segway Tour - Wharf & Hills of San Francisco
Ranked #1 of 275 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The original San Francisco Segway Tour company. Come glide through San Francisco with us. Segways are easy to learn and fun to ride. We offer 2.5 hour fully guided and narrated Segway tours of the waterfront, North Beach, Chinatown and Golden Gate Park. Choose from 5 fun routes with frequent daily and evening departures. We have 2 convenient locations: Fisherman's Wharf and Golden Gate Park.Our tours are fun and informative. Read our reviews - we love having fun and so do our guests. We offer entertaining and thorough Segway rider training before you depart to explore and learn about the city We guarantee a personal experience with our small groups of 9 or less guests per tour guide.( 8 or less in the Park) Not only are the Segways fun to ride you will enjoy hearing stories, history and tales of the city. Each rider is issued a small radio receiver with a earbud so the tour narration can be heard as you glide from one scenic location to another. We want you to be safe and visible as we travel along many bike lanes so everybody gets (and some dislike) our highly visible and reflective vests. Warm jackets, fuzzy gloves and rain gear are all available at no charge if the fog, wind or rain makes an appearance.All Segway guests must be age 12 and older plus over 100 lbs. (45kg) No pregnant guests. Choose from these tours: Wharf and Waterfront Segway Adventure, Night Segway tour of Chinatown, Little Italy and Waterfront or the official Golden Gate Park Segway Tour. For riders that have been on segway tour before we offer two advanced tours: Hills of San Francisco tour that includes the crookedest street and Telegraph Hill or the Golden Gate Park Advanced Tour. All Segway tours are $ 75.00 per person and advanced reservations are encouraged.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The fun and easy way to tour Golden Gate Park!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We took the brief lesson and really enjoyed touring the park and hearing all about it's history and highlights from our tour guide Jeff. We thought the park tour was better because there is so much traffic along the waterfront.

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
hamilton
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome fun way to see the city, loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Marie our guide was awesome great insite of the area and great fun, we had a foggy day the bridge wasn't visable but it didn't matter still had a great time, my husband loved it too we want one!

Accra, Ghana
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Segways Are The Coolest !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had never even heard of Segway tours when one of my work colleagues recommended I try this, so I booked with the Electric Tour Company for the day after I flew from Sydney To SF.

This is seriously great fun - the first half hour or so is spent learning how to master a segway, including a video, but after that you hit the road. At first, it is kind of freaky riding a segway that you've only had a bit of practice on in a back-lot, but once you master it, you can do some amazing stuff.

It does tend to make your ankles ache a little afterwards, so be prepared for that !

The Electronic Tour Company Tour I took went right around the bay area, starting from their HQ on Beach St, right across from the Maritime Park where you can catch the famous tram, and just around the corner from the Ghiradelli chocolate company's shop.

We went to the Saints Peter & Paul Church on Filbert St (where Joe DiMaggio married Marilyn Monroe) and around Telegraph Hill, before heading back to The Embarcadero, Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39, and past the USS Pampanito. Then we went to the old Pier at the end of Van Ness Avenue, before heading back.

They are strict on photographs & filming while using Segways. However, from the experience, when I did it a week later in Washington DC, I proved immediately that I knew how to handle a Segway perfectly, and that firm even allowed me to film & take pictures, and I acted as an unofficial guide, making up the rearguard & helping the stragglers catch up.

It really is a great afternoon spent, and I even asked if they had any more tours available, such as Golden Gate Park, but they didn't have anything available at the times I had available.

It is thoroughly recommended, and every city I'm in that has Segway tours now, I will be booking into thanks to the Electric Tour Company !

Visited November 2011
Arroyo Grande, California
“Tons of Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I highly recommend this activity. The staff was extremely competent and made you feel at ease the whole time. Best of all...they were hilarious!! We went on the Segway Tour of Golden Gate Park and it was so beautiful. Our guide was very knowledgeable. I was with 3 women friends and we had tons of fun!

Irvine, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was nervous at first as I am not very coordinated. But they put me at ease and the training was good before going on the street. It didn't take long to get the hang of it. It was easy and a lot of fun. Our guide was fun and informative.

When I go back to San Francisco I will take the advanced tour as I want to go down Lombard street

1 Thank Rose A