1,453 results
All reviews butler service metropolitan suite room service blackout shades house car four seasons museum of modern art lobby bar yerba buena gardens indoor pool turn down service luxury hotel closet space soaking tub moscone center beautiful hotel union square
Reviewed 29 November 2017

The hotel has a great location next to Yerba Buena Gardens and in the heart of the financial district. As an SPG Gold member I was upgraded to a Metropolitan Suite, which was impeccable and incredibly spacious. I was traveling for work so I did not get to enjoy the suite much but having the over sized desk was much appreciated. I also took advantage of the complimentary suit press and shoe shine, which were much needed after a cross country flight. The gym is large and very well equipped. I took advantage of the business center to print multiple documents. It is conveniently located and has everything you need. The service was 5 star and everything I expected from a St Regis property. I will absolutely stay there again next time I am SF.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Andre B, Hotel Manger at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear spe99,

We appreciate your kind review regarding your recent visit to The St. Regis San Francisco. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel amenities and felt well taken care of by our associates during your stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and visit to San Francisco. The service was amazing - Asian standard. The room was more than decent as expected but the chaise lounge doesn't seem to have been cleaned for a while as there were stains on it. It sends a not so great perception sometimes. I would never sit on the other chairs in the room without laying a towel over after seeing those stains. But that's just me. The bathroom is very clean but I did have to request for them to clean the bath tub for the first use. The location is fantastic just beside SF MoMA and a lot of eateries in the area. Everything is pretty much walking distance. If I were to visit again, it'll still be my first choice.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Andre B, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent visit to The St. Regis San Francisco. We are so pleased you felt well accommodated by our staff and will share your mentions with the team. We hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I was locked out of my room twice; interrogated by security; was not able to accommodate one of my guests hotel needs; was charged for incidentals that were supposed to be included; never met my butler; and was not able to coordinate the pre-planned music for our 50th Anniversary with the entrance of our Grammy Award winning musical guest - it seemed that everything that could go wrong - went wrong with the exception of the Catering. All this in spite of the fact that I came a day early to get things in order.

I reserved 2 Metropolitan Suites and a third room to accommodate our special guests for a reception we were hosting to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Westside Community Services. I chose this hotel because I am an SPG Platinum Member. I came down a day ahead of the check-in process to pay in advance for our suites and explain the set up of the rooms. This was the first catastrophe and the manager that tried to help me insisted that I would need to move Malik Yoba (Empire, Designated Survivor, Cool Runnings, New York Undercover...) hours after he'd already checked in after flying from filming a movie in South Korea~ to another suite to accommodate my original requests. While I was running around trying to figure out where our guests from the 49ers would be situated (since Malik was in the suite that had the adjoining room that we'd reserved for the 49ers) my staff alerted me that the music that we brought to be played during our reception could not be played because the AV Department did not have the equipment to plug our iPhone 7 into their system. This is unbelievable since the 7 is at least two generations behind the newest iPhone and we were instructed that the music could be played via iPhone, laptop or iPod). We came with an iPhone and a Mac Pro and nothing could be done. The good news is that we were able to get an extra room at the W but jeez this was way too much stress for an evening that we planned for a year.

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank DrMAJones
Andre B, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Ms. Jones,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I regret to hear of the shortfalls in our service during your stay and sincerely apologize for failing to provide you with a five star experience.
I encourage you to contact me directly to further discuss the details of your visit, as we do hope that you will choose to return to our hotel in the future.

Andre Brose
415-284-4057
Andre.Brose@stregis.com

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Stayed for business.

Pros:
-Great location in SOMA, and easily accessible to FiDi / rest of the city
-Modern, clean design throughout the property . . . one of my favorite StR designs globally
-Great service per the brand
-Strong SPG recognition (suite upgrade without using an upgrade award)
-Rooms are large / designed well

Did not make use of gym or breakfast, so, unfortunately cannot comment. No real cons to mention. Would prioritize when going for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank BHart86
Andre B, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear BHart86,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent experience at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are so pleased you enjoyed our hotel local and had a successful business trip. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

My family had a wonderful time at this property in their metropolitan suite. Front desk receptionist Christian and Sharon were very helpful in making sure that my room gets a high floor view after learning that my son is turning 2 that weekend. The bell and door team were extremely helpful and attentive as I made a few trips in to unload items for my son's surprise setup.

We ordered from in room dining a couple times during our stay and Del was very welcoming and gracious. He brought a pear chocolate cake, which was set up by the head butler Pavel, up to the room knowing we're celebrating our son's birthday.

The butler team was also very attentive and helpful! Morning coffee and tea service were timely and served with perfection. They also made sure that all of my needs were met from glasses and ice for my champagne to dental kit request at 4 in the morning!

Housekeeping team also did a fantastic job with daily cleaning and turn down service. Even with our guests in the room, the staff member was able to do a fantastic job maneuvering around to finish her work.

Overall, this property has an exceptional team that took well care of their guests. Everyone worked from their hearts to truly made my family and I felt like we're well cared for during our time here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank WongKing
Andre B, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear WongKing,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about your recent experience at The St. Regis San Francisco. We are thrilled that you felt well taken care of by our associates from the beginning to the end of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel for future celebrations, very soon.