Beach Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Seal Rock Inn(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Ocean Park Motel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Mirage Inn & Suites(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Geary Parkway Motel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Stanyan Park Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Carl Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Metro Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We booked the motel on a 3rd party site for a 3 night stay. Motel is walking distance from beach so I did not mind the reviews of the motel being low. Boy did I mess up. The motel is very run down and is in dire need of a renovation. The furniture was old and rickety. The heater in the room was leaking gas and for some reason I am supposed to know how to turn it off. Upon staying for 1 night the phone rang and the manager informed us at 10:30am that it was almost check out time and we needed to leave. I informed the manager that we have paid in full for 3 nights in which he proceeded to tell me very rudely that it is not his concern. I have never been treated so rudely by a person who is in the hospitality business. After speaking with our 3rd party site I was offered to stay in a different room which I turned down. If the manager was compassionate and helpful with the situation, that was indeed the motels fault, I would have stayed. The exchange that took place was 3 hours out of our vacation. Please do not stay here. The price is great for being near the beach and in San Fran, everything else is overwhelming horrible. I will never stay there again. I would have given 0 stars if possible.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chantel S
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

If there was an option to select ZERO , I would choose it for this place. In the bathroom is a giant hole in the wall, where a fan should be, not to mention mold and a crumbling tub mat. The walls, carpet and chair are stained and the paint is peeling off the walls. The room literally feels like it's falling apart, with no doors on the closet, holes over the bed where a picture might have been, holes in the drapes, peeling paint and wallpaper, and the bathroom door won't close all the way. We stayed here because we were in a bind. To add insult to injury, the cable went out shortly after checking in. The managers explanation was "there's no problem with the cable, it's just out in this area". Next time I'd rather sleep in the truck. I wouldn't even recommend this place to my ex!!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy N
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Very average very basic owner was helpful though language barrier was evident. got the job done without being much more... location was great right by the ocean and right by the zoo did not disappoint yet did not go in with high expectations.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

The location is really good, just a few minutes to the beach, restaurants and an 7Eleven. The staff was friendly. The Motel itself is old and shabby. The room had a very strange smell. There was black hair all over the bathroom. The bed was saggy but probably the best thing about the room. The tram is passing all night. The whole house shakes and it's the worst noise. Waking up every few minutes we rarely slept this night. If I would have paid what the room is worth it would not have been more than 20 $.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelling_skylar
Reviewed 21 December 2016

I ended up booking here more out of desperation than desire as almost the entire city was booked solid that week. First, the location is not near downtown or the city's best known tourist areas (other than Ocean Beach, two blocks over), so get ready for some driving or transit riding to do see those areas. As for the motel itself, it's old and run down, and in some desperate need of renovation with rotting wood and peeling and faded paint all over the outside. On the inside, the room was simple with a full bathroom and closet, an HDTV with a moderate channel selection, a fridge and a microwave, and below average wifi. In my room, there was no curtain on the bathroom window, which was a huge nuisance in the morning when the sun was shining in behind me while trying to use the mirror, and the carpet was filthy, as my feet were completely black after walking around for as little as 10 minutes. I also had no idea how the climate control worked in the room; it was always super warm in the room in the daytime but freezing at night, and the thermostat on the wall seemed to do nothing. Also worth noting is the constant loud music until 2am from the attached bar which makes sleeping very challenging, and the loud noise and vibration from the very frequent light rail on Judah St. that only takes about 3 hours off per day. While I appreciate how friendly and helpful the owners were, they really need to spend some money on this place to improve it, or sell it to someone who will. Any price above $50 per night is too much.

Room Tip: Avoid the east side - too noisy from music from bar.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo