“A Hidden Gem”

La Nueva Perla
Ranked #1,116 of 6,271 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

A Great Authentic Mexican Restaurant, wonderful food & Service, went two nights in a row, took Family & Friends who also loved it! A great local Restaurant.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I come here often as part of a big group, often times for a coworker's birthday and it's nice since it's so close to our office and parking is usually available close by. The food here can be amazing or just slightly above the norm, and that's never a bad thing as I've never been disappointed by a burrito or tacos in South San Francisco so far. The margaritas we've ordered have been highly varying in mix to tequila ratio that never really seems to be 100% correct. Also the service can really be lacking at times.

What I will say is that the place is perfect for a larger group, big enough to host a lot of different people, and has a nice outdoor patio for those nicer South San Francisco days. Menu has a lot to choose from and there are always daily specials you can give a shot. This place isn't perfect but it'll do for a casual lunch or dinner if you're in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Was staying at a nearby Hilton and ordered food to go. Once back to my room, I realized that the flan I ordered and paid for was not in the bag. Bummer. Called the restaurant, but didn't feel like getting dressed again and going out in the fog. Food was OK, standard Mexican fare, not exciting.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

There were 13 of us for lunch after a funeral. There was one waitress and a cook. There was no other patrons in the restaurant. The server was inefficient, taking one order at a time and then leaving to bring it back. One end of the table didn't get chip's and salsa and the other end had finished theirs and their drinks. Then the other end of the table got everything at once. I ordered fajitas. They were hot. Not very flavorful to my taste. I'm not picky about Mexican food, but I will say this is probably the worst that I have eaten. Others in the group were very happy with what they ate. I left mine for my niece to take home after two bites. The chip's and salsa and margaritas were good. Maybe it was just the fajitas. Maybe it was an inexperienced server? I don't know. It could have been better.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed near the airport as our flight was early morning. This restaurant is the real deal, we were greeted with fresh corn tortilla chips and fresh salsa, we ordered the sampler, the one in the picture, Carne asada, queso fresco and Campechana, everything was yummy. I would have loved to have more time to try more dishes, the atmosphere is cozy and there is good energy flowing.
The place was busy and we also saw people picking up orders.
Highly recommended.