“Superb pastries ”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

This little gem is worthy of a walk, uber, cable car or taxi ride! Delicious pastries from itty bitty shortbread cookies to huge slices of tiramisu. They do special orders, cake decorating, eclairs, layer cake slices, coffee, tea, biscotti...you name it.

Service was friendly and there's plenty of seating for couples inside & outdoors for people watching.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

To quote our discerning teenager "best hot chocolate ever". But there is so much more to discover if you really like quality products. Croissants, tick; chocolate eclair, tick; blueberry cheesecake tick! A "Stella" bakery indeed!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I've got to give them 5 stars. Anyone that can make a good cannoli - read: not just okay - but a truly good cannoli deserves the full 5. I've tried cannolis all over the country, and this place makes some of the best. It was originally recommended to me by an area local, and I've been back several times since.

Honestly, I think I've only ever had better cannolis in Chicago - and I may be a bit biased because those are the ones I grew up with. I've tried making them at home - it's not easy. Everything else I've had here is delicious, as well. I also love that this place wraps your goodies up in a box with a string. They stick with the old school traditions - that's probably what helps make their treats so tasty. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

While San Francisco is well-known for sourdough bread, folks don't realize the number of established bakeries -- Stella has provided folks with the sweet treats since the 1940's. Having served many "who's who" of the San Francisco Bay Area (and probably delivered / shipped elsewhere), the Italian baked goods are a delight to all ages. Known for the sacripantina cake (wedding cake), they offer many traditional and Italian treats -- all beautifully created. A great way to see North Beach neighborhood and have your inner child come out to play when enjoying a sweet treat.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

There's hardly any room in there and you may not get a seat. It is, however, a delicious bakery. I stopped by 3x over 4 days so that ought to say something! I particularly enjoyed the cookies, though the cannoli and the sacripantina were great! Not sure about the coffee, but judging by the locals drinking I'm sure it's alright! I didn't think the cookies were overpriced, but I don't typically buy cookies in singular format.