“The most fun bar staff and excellent food (all night long)”

The Liberties Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Liberties Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,119 of 6,300 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We go here all the time just to hang out at the bar with the bar staff. The fact the food is amazing (and they serve food till they close) is just a cherry on top. Try the veggie burger and a side of Brussel sprouts - you won’t regret it!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Since I last reviewed the Liberties, it stopped opening for lunch during the week. Weekend brunches are still very popular. The food is solid and appropriate for a pub. The lamb sliders were really good and the cottage pie with a nice large salad a fine dish. If you like a "local" with sports on TV and music (usually barkeeps' choice) on the sound system, it is a fine place to visit.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

A local friend of mine suggested we met at this place to have lunch - we ended up with their brunch menu. Very good suggestion - I loved the place and the staff. Friendly, fun and service oriented. The atmosphere and food was great and they have a very good selection on beers - bottled and on draft. Can only recommend this place and will for sure go again.

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Best hangout spot with friends to enjoy a bite to eat & awsome craft cocktails. Snag a seat outside and enjoy the heat lamps on a chilly night.

Reviewed 20 June 2015

After a six and a half hour flight, the wait for luggage at SFO, and the cab ride to the Mission, I was ready for some good food. My concern was that it was a Friday night 8:30. I decided the best plan of action was just to start walking and see where I ended up. And that plan worked to my advantage.

I've walked, or been walked depending on one's perspective, by The Liberties more times than I care to think about and never once stopped by. Why? I have no reason except to say that I get stuck in my food ruts. They were, of course, busy, but they were more than happy to find me a seat. Thank you!

As it was coming up at midnight East Coast time, I didn't want anything too heavy though the bangers and mash sounded good. I decided to go with their grilled cheese sandwich, a bowl of tomato soup, and an order of tater tots. Oh of course I ordered a tequila and tonic. My new favorite cocktail, for those not in the know, but I digress, back to the food.

The tater tots were cooked to perfection. The tots were golden brown and crisp on the outside and soft and tender on the inside and served with a side of chipotle mayo, which was spicy and warm and just matched the tots in perfection. The grilled cheese sandwich on sourdough bread was again golden and crisp on the outside, and oh so cheesy on the inside. To add more yummy in my tummy, the tomato soup was thick without being chunky. Topped with parsley and croutons. It was the absolute perfect meal.

Oh and their cocktails, at least my tequila and tonic was top notch.

If you're at the edge of the Mission and hungry for some great pub food, The Liberties is the place to go. From the friendly service to the great food and drinks, you won't find a better place in the surrounding blocks.

My rating…3.5 Paws

With love from my dog bowl to yours….Happy eating.
Shatasdogbowl.