“Best English fish and chips. ”
Review of The Cavalier

The Cavalier
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cavalier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #288 of 6,029 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Description: The Cavalier is a new restaurant concept by Restaurateurs Anna Weinberg, James Nicholas and Chef Jennifer Puccio, owners and creators of the critically acclaimed restaurants Marlowe and Park Tavern. Both restaurants earned three stars from The San Francisco Chronicle in addition to being listed as one their lauded “Top 100 Bay Area Restaurants”. Park Tavern was a James Beard Awards Semi-Finalist for “Best New Restaurant in America” in April 2012. Most recently, Anna Weinberg was named “Restaurateur of the Year” by San Francisco Magazine in August 2012.
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Best English fish and chips. It's crispy and the pea salad on the side is delicious too. Salmon is excellent too. The desert we had the strawberry which was not as impressive compare to the entree and Brussels spouts chips.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

We were 30 people in The inner Room. Nice restaurant. Good food and good service. The chicken was very good. So was The wine. Good pinot noir.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

I host a dinner every year for some very powerful people in my industry and rely on the recommendations of a fellow foodie who travels more than I do. The Cavalier was one of four in San Francisco on his list, and am I glad I chose this one! All 12 guests came away sated and happy, saying it was one of the best meals they'd ever had in Frisco. My dinner of lamb scrumpets, delicious pork chop and "Lemon Mess" was outstanding. Our lone guest from London proclaimed it a fantastic representative of her country! There were several things I wanted to try, so I will be sure to dine there next time I'm in town -- and more than once. The service for our large group was pleasant and attentive, and the final bill was quite reasonable. I wish they'd open a branch in NYC!

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Frittata was good and the buttermilk pancakes were also great. The servers all have an attitude. I tipped but I did not feel like it. Not very friendly or welcoming at all. I asked a server for a little milk for my coffee and he shook his head and them attempted to correct me by saying "do you mean for your coffee". I just wanted a little milk, whatever. So the entire experience was servers eye rolling and with that "resting attitude face". If you can overlook that, the food is good. I asked for fresh orange juice and they said they had none, then 20 minutes later the table across from me had orange juice.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Well I am not sure what to say about this place. Atmosphere was pretty good. Food was good. Service was adequate. There is just some reason it did not make an impact on me. I don't know what it is. I did not have really anything to complain about but something just was not working. The acoustics in there was pretty bad and since we had a large party made it very difficult. You could really only talk to the couple of people right next to you.

I don't want to do a disservice to them for only one visit but I don't know when I will have a chance to go back since I live in Florida. However, I would definitely go back for another try. It was just one of those weird experiences.