“Corporate Card?”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Front and Battery
Transit: MUNI & BART: Powell Station
Description: WELCOME TO MINA GROUP A San Francisco-based restaurant management company specializing in creating and operating upscale, innovative restaurant concepts, led by Founder and award-winning Chef Michael Mina. Operating since 2003, Mina Group currently manages more than 30 concepts around the world. At Mina Group, impeccable service is not just our ideal, it is ingrained in everything we do. Rooted deep in our foundation is a selflessness and flexibility that is reflected in an experience wholly centered on others. By embodying our values of adaptability and fluidity, we cultivate a whole new sense of hospitality that is uniquely Mina. CHEF MICHAEL MINA My job as a Chef, and my team's job, is to make food come alive. We strive to create incredible meals each and every day that make our guests sit up, take notice, experience delight and wonder, "Exactly what was in that dish?" We accomplish this through a balance of flavors: acidity, sweetness, spice and fat.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Always a pleasure, the food, the innovation of the food, the old classics....Michael is a genius....bring your corporate card to pay for the meal....this aint no usual lunch place......

1  Thank OnAir813933

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a very fine dining experience the team at this restaurant won’t disappoint. The tasting menu is expensive so be prepared however the expertise of the culinary team is indicative of the menu price. There of course is a wine paring option as well as a very extensive wine list. Each course was expertly prepared and presented in perfect harmony for our group of 8. Timing was leisurely and appropriate for our experience.

1  Thank DavefromNJ
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I happened to visit the place without reservation and was pleased to be treated with great hospitality. Words cannot give justice to this superb restaurant. I went solo for the reason of enjoying every details of this experience. I chose the six course meal and in every course I wanted to have an endless portion. Every course outweighs the next and the chefs kept raising the bar. The cocktail and wine was a perfect match with the food, it was truly a memorable dining experience. I can’t praise enough every member of the place. They knew every detail of every portion. Megan and Karter made me feel at home that I didn’t want to leave.

1  Thank hishamaljamil
Reviewed 15 September 2018

This was bright interesting food, even if the décor is modern and dark. The innovative menu that was delivered by Michael Mina and his team was enjoyable. The portions were just underdelivered. It was extremely delicious and fun. There wasn't that full climatic scale that needed to be delivered and myself and my guests had to find our side chick after.

The wine tasting menu was a bit off, but I do have to give the somielier some credit, he tried some funky and new sake for a dish, and it did go well.

For some of the other fancier places in the city the price point seems a bit high.

Staff was excellent and younger, you can tell they were learning but they were trained well.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank statey
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Oysters, salmon and beef cooked perfectly with heavenly sides and sauces. Ingredients such as gooseberries, passion fruit, elderflower and many more add an exquisite touch. My favorite courses were the ahi tartar and the coconut mouse.

1  Thank patriciacP5168TW