“Strawberry Shortcake Cake Amazing”

Victoria Pastry Co.
Ranked #9 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Had a special birthday cake made for my wife. Took their recommendation for a strawberry shortcake cake, what a good choice. I've had their cakes and pastries before, but this was really outstanding.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Walk in to a big smile and perhaps a small line. Family was looking for breakfast and found desert. Carrot cake was amazing but not what we were looking for after a half mile walk. Cafe lattes we delicious but better for afternoon coffee and deserts than breakfast. Great vibe, part of local seen.

1  Thank rafael q
Reviewed 20 July 2017

No cannoli in the showcase, but they went in back and prepared one for me, and it was perfect. Biscotti were also very good. I wish I could visit again to try the sacripanti and tiramisu, but I will have to return and pick up an assortment next time.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I have ordered St. Honore Cakes the past few times and always tasted like it was baked the same morning! There was a problem during my last visit a few weeks ago. When I called to place the order, the young girl that I spoke with (very new as she kept putting the phone on the side and asked the staff questions then repeated the answers to me..).
She mis-spelled the person's name when written on the cake.
Fortunately when I picked the St. Honore cake up a few days later, the young guy behind the counter was very nice and didn't hesitate when he took the cake out of the frig. to open the box to ensure the color of font and name written was correct. He was very apologetic when we discovered the name was wrong and immediately took to the back room and had it corrected. they did a very good job as I barely noticed any problems with the corrected spelling i.e. frosting smeared, etc..
I ordered the bear claw, blue-berry scone and cinnamon rolls ALL Delicious!!
I definately recommend Victoria Pastry!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Trudging up and down the colorful streets of San Francisco's North Beach calls for a stop a the very traditional Victoria Pastry Company. This has both the look and smell of a traditional bakery, something that has disappeared with the anonymous baked goods section of massive super markets, where everything is packaged up, ready to be picked up from the shelves. And there is no aroma of baking to be experienced. My guest enjoyed a rich, delectable lemon square, while I had my strong espresso and a plate of freshly baked sweet Italian cookies. No strawberry, caramel frappuchinos with mounds of whipped cream or cute mugs with the store logo emblazoned on them--but Victoria is an honest, old-fashioned bakery to be treasured for its authenticity and lack of commercial hype!!