“Best Chinese pastries ever. Oldest bakery in California! ”
Review of Eastern Bakery

Eastern Bakery
Ranked #22 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

It was a must and it did not disappoint. I had red bean cakes, mooncakes, Chinese doughnuts, everything is awesome!! If you are in San Francisco pay them a visit and say "hola"! The owner speaks perfect Spanish ;)

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

We had to stop by the oldest bakery in California. The moon cakes were quite good and authentic. We also tried the pork bun which was very good. The dim sum we sampled was below average. For baked goods this was a worth while stop.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

It was the only shop opened late, so I stopped in. It was not bad, but I have had better. I would go early to have it a little fresher.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Recommended by very nice non-Asian lady who had yummy looking desserts in her hand at the Chinese New Year parade. Went there the next day and had the Yellow Mung Bean cake and LOVED it. My 2 non-Asian kids insisted on having chocolate chip cookies. I was skeptical but whatever...

They LOVED the cookies and said it was as good as Nana's!!

So mom's Asian dessert craving and kids' choco cookie craving satisfied at this little bakery.

They had other gems but I only walked out with those 2 items so I don't overdo it on the sweets.

I recommend and I'd go back.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

This bakery has been around "forever." Used to go here for their coffee crunch cake which has gotten significantly more expensive, not quite as fresh as prior years but now comes in more sizes as well as slices. Still a Chinatown institution and worth a try for visitors.

4  Thank M F