“Best pastry bakery in SF!”
Review of B. Patisserie

B. Patisserie
Ranked #2 of 121 Bakeries in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

My fave pastry shop in SF. Must try items: black sesame latte ( no caffeine so ask for espresso shot if caffeine is required),black sesame mousse with coconut, BEST kouign amann in SF (super flaky/buttery! pastry) and my current favorite-choco banana almond croissant.They also have very good sandwich lunch option.Location is not a typical tourist spot but definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure to discover this address through the SFMOMA coffee shop. After seeing those beautiful cookies I decided to check the place. I had lunch there: DELICIOUS. It's fresh, tasty, colorful. The hot sandwiches are very good as well as the salads! In regards to the deserts/bakeries: DELICIOUS as well. I shared a chocolate chip cookies ( the chips were melting, it was crusty and soft at the same time...) and a dome mousse, very good as well. The atmosphere is nice, perfect for a tea time or lunch break. Go there !

Reviewed 14 August 2017

To say that there are options here for croissants, cookies, and something called kouign amann, would be a gross understatement.
In my excitement, I ordered something savory and something sweet, and was thoroughly stuffed afterwards! I could have gone back for lunch if we were in the area.
Get there early, as there is a line though!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I love pastries -- I can't help myself! I'm lucky enough to travel to France pretty frequently and my idea of touring a city or town there is to visit every bakery I see!

So I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't visit B. Patisserie until today -- years after it opened. This place is simply spectacular. A wide choice of delicious pastries, cakes, cookies, bread and a few simple luncheon-type dishes. Take a look at the pictures others have posted here. Everything tastes as good as it looks!

The Kouign Amann seems to be a cornerstone of their offerings. They have a "nature" version which seems to have a very delicate, thin vanilla cream and a chocolate version with a dollop of semi-sweet chocolate. Both were excellent but the chocolate was the best in my opinion.

They have some small chocolate cookies at the register which I'd urge you to buy and try. Very similar to an excellent cookie available at Grom gelato (Paris, NYC, Italy).

On a Sunday afternoon, the line was very short and they seemed to be fully stocked. The service was quick and friendly. We took advantage of the outdoor seating in a "park-let" at street-side.

Again, this bakery holds its own against the best you could find in France -- believe me!!!!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We arrived 10 minutes before opening (unknowingly, the time difference has us up at 5AM each morning) and were kindly told they weren't open. Took a walk to the Starbucks nearby and came back at 8:05 to a line out the door. We should have taken a hint from the cyclers waiting at the outdoor tables and just waiting the 10 minutes until it opened. Nevertheless, we were in no hurry so the 15 minutes wait was no big deal. We got a few pastries (some savory, some sweet) and they were all delicious and fresh. Highly recommend.