“Excellent fish and chips”
Review of Cioppino's

Cioppino's
Reserve with OpenTable
Cioppino's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #441 of 6,271 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Leavenworth
Transit: Hyde Street Cable Car - 1 block F Line - 1 block #19 Bus - 2 blocks #30 Bus - 2 blocks #47 Bus - 2 blocks
Description: A Fisherman's Wharf Tradition. Fresh seafood and Italian fare, located right in the heart of it all. The best Cioppino in the city. Great food at reasonable prices.
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I wanted fish and chips. Came in and they had pacific snapper fish and chips. Was a bit concerned because I had wanted cod. I questioned the waiter who explained the difference between pacific snapper and cod. He was right on with his explanation. I found the fish and chips excellent!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Dropped in for a drink and ended up staying for dinner. Walked along fishermans wharf looking for a coffee but ended up sitting at the bar in Cioppono's. Great atmosphere and the staff were friendly and efficient. Our party tried pizza, fish and chips and steak. Lovely meal.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

We came here twice, first for cocktails which were excellent, and then for dinner, which was only above average.
Nice ambience and good staff, as with much of the food on Fishermans Wharf slightly overpriced and not quite as good as you might hope.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

After a long day in the Wharf area, we went to Cippino's because it was on the way back to the trolley and no waiting for a table. We ordered a salad and split the chicken Marsala. The salad was ok but the Marsala was tasteless - the brown sauce was some sort of gravy but had no hint of Marsala wine. The steamed vegetable and rice sides were unremarkable. I have noticed that other reviews of seafood entrees seem to be more unbeat. Perhaps we made a poor menu choice for this restaurant. But if they can't do this chicken dish right, they should take it off the menu.

Service was prompt and polite.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

My son, who is Autistic, picked this restaurant for his birthday dinner. The hostess enthusiastically greeted him, and gave him a high five. He mentioned that is was his birthday, and that he wanted to sit outside. We were promptly seated, then greeted by our waitress. My husband and I both ordered seafood. They have a mix of seafood and Italian dishes. The seafood was very well breaded and cooked. The kids' enjoyed their food as well. They do have a kid menu. Without us asking, they brought out a chocolate cake with a candle on it for my son. The cake was amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to both families and couples.