“Good Food, Great View”
Review of Alioto's

Alioto's
Reserve with OpenTable
Alioto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #374 of 6,271 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson & Taylor
Transit: Cable Car, Muni
Description: Alioto's Italian Seafood Restaurant is located in the heart of San Francisco's famed Fisherman's Wharf overlooking the historic fishing fleet and the Golden Gate Bridge. The Alioto family has been serving the freshest local seafood, authentic family recipes, the oldest/original Italian Seafood Restaurant on the Wharf, started by Nonna Rose back in 1925. The restaurant features a warm ambiance with a 3-tiered dining room offering every guest stunning views of San Francisco Bay. Don't forget to try our world-famous Nonna Rose's Cioppino and Dungeness crab, always fresh. A trip to Alioto's is more than food, it's a trip through history to the oldest family owned and run restaurant in San Francisco, boasting the best views and best seafood on the Wharf.
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Okay, I admit it - I expected Alioto’s to be a tourist trap. I am happy to say it wasn’t and I am also happy to say that we are not tourists! Every now and then we journey to Fisherman’s Wharf to see the boats, smell the air, and eat some fish. Normally we eat at the smaller places but today we decided to go to Alioto’s. It was on the third floor and the views were amazing. We were seated at a table by the window where we could see all of the fishing boats and a view out to the Golden Gate Bridge. The Lunch Specials menu listed about a dozen dishes for $16.50 and each came with a choice of clam chowder or salad. Not a bad deal. I had the Fish and Chips and my wife had the Lemon Trout. We both had the chowder, which was great. The fish and chips was very tasty although the fish could have been crispier. The lemon trout was similarly tasty but had a bit too much butter oozing all over it. The service was excellent and while it took a while for the food to be delivered to the table, who cared, the wine and the view were great. We’ll be black to Alioto’s soon, and if you visit Fisherman’s Wharf you should go too.

Annette A, Owner at Alioto's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Aren't we the lucky ones! I so appreciate your wonderful review! My family and I appreciate that you chose us and look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for writing and sharing with Trip Advisor. Ciao

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Alioto's is situated in Fisherman's Wharf, it has a cafe downstairs and a restaurant upstairs. The restaurant has views out over marina, looking out into the bay and in the distance the Golden Gate bridge. The greeter at the door, didn't speak at all, he was busy looking at his phone, but the young lady who then seated us was very nice. The waiting staff were very attentive and were soon had some tap water on the table shortly followed by Bread and olive oil. I choose a starter of fired calamari followed by a tuna steak with seasonal vegetables. The starter had a lot on the plate and it was fine, the main course was very pleasant - Over all a nice meal but you are paying for the location.

Annette A, Owner at Alioto's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

So glad to read about your lunch with us, Stowey-Traveller. You just about covered it all, and I appreciate you sharing it on Trip Advisor.
Please come back and dine with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Alioto's Fisherman's Wharf is a Class Act from day one! We walked in from the rain one afternoon and were seated upstairs for lunch by the window overllooking the boat dock. It was beautiful and the tables were dressing in crisp white linen, yet casual and we felt very comfortable and at home. Our waiter was THE BEST! Older Gentleman that has probably been there forever, had a wonderful smile and suggestions. The Crab was the freshest! All of our food was fantastic and the prices reasonable. The sourdough bread and dipping oil that they bring as your are seated is to die for!

Annette A, Owner at Alioto's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you so much for your review Krebsy724. We all pride ourselves in giving our customers a five star dining experience
Hope to see you back again soon. Ciao.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

The view was amazing overlooking the water, however, the food was average and the service was so slow even on a slow day. When we were there, they only opened one section for early dinner due to staff shortages. We didn't get our water until half way of our meal, but they brought our two glasses of wine immediately. And we had to wait for a while for our lunch. I am not sure because of our orders, I really don't know. FYI, we ordered, steamed whole lobster (which I found to expensive compare to Franciscan), Seafood bouillabaisse, Chicken Parmigiana and fried seafood combo.

Annette A, Owner at Alioto's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

It's unfortunate that your service left so much to be desired. I will look into your statements with my management team. Please send me details of when and where you dined to marketing@aliotos.com.Thank you.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We managed to get a walk-in for NYE which was great, if unexpected! Food and service was excellent, with our only negative in that the place could do with a general makeover/upgrade, whilst keeping the family history intact! Would certainly recommend if you're in the area.

Annette A, Owner at Alioto's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

So happy to hear you enjoyed your NYE 2018 with us. We look forward to having you back again soon. After 93 years we'll be here!