“Fantastic!”

Neighbourhood: The Richmond
Tampa, Florida
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

An absolute must every time I am in San Francisco. I always get the samusa soup (to share) and the nan pia dok but I've not heard a bad thing about any item on the menu. I'd describe it as a blend of Thai and Indian. So good, I cannot say enough good things.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
San Jose, CA
“Very tasty, with great service”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We got there at opening because we heard it gets crowded. We had a prawn appetizer, lamb curry and a chicken noodle dish. It was so good. I personally wasn't familiar with burmese food sand the server was very helpful. Next time we are in the city we will go back!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Who knew Burmese food was so amazing?!”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We were recommended to go here by a couple we met in wine country. I would like to thank them now. We never would have found this place without their recommendation. Burmese food is similar to other southeast asian foods. We really enjoyed it! We heard the lines can get quite long but we didn't have to wait when we got there.

We ordered the salad which they are known for. I don't remember the name but it was full of seeds and nuts and other goodness. Unlike any other salad I have ever had - crunchy and complex and full of flavor. I got the chili lamb with a side of coconut rice and it was perfection. The lamb was not too spicy at all and it was cooled by the coconut rice. A truly great combination. My husband had the pumpkin and pork stew which was really comforting and was great for the chilly San Francisco evening.

Definitely make your way here - original, well priced and amazing!

Boston, Massachusetts
“How does this place not have a ton of reviews!? It's wonderful”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Definitely make your way here - original, well priced and amazing!

nyc
“Fantastically delicious.”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Wonderful meal. It gets very crowded so show up before 12:30 for lunch OR call ahead and put your name on the waiting list.

Recommended dishes: Tea leaf salad (distinctive, crunchy/salty and fresh); rainbow salad (lovely mix of flavors and textures); veggie samusa soup (savory and rich without being too filling); CHILE LAMB (this was amazing. supposedly the "spiciest" dish on the menu but really not *that* hot. So, so good ... slices of lamb with chiles and onions ... smoky, spicy, awesomeness); mint chicken (very nice, though not as impressive as the lamb) and coconut rice (which is a great, soothing counterpoint to all the intense flavors).

A Chimay goes nicely with all of this. Add kind waitstaff and low prices ... what more could you want?

• Visited August 2012