β€œπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹β€

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Best pizza I’ve had so far in USA
Great tasty wood fire pizzas,nice salads and pastas as well
Very friendly staff and nice ambiance

Reviewed 20 August 2018

My parents came to Tommaso's back in the early 1950s when they were in grad school at Stanford. It was called Lupo's back then. They'd buy the wine and their friends would buy the pizza. When we'd travel up to SF as kids, our parents would always take us to Tommaso's--and it was delicious. I even learned to like broccoli by eating at this restaurant. They blanch it, then chill, toss it with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and refrigerate. You'll never want to eat broccoli any other way after tasting Tommaso's! The pizza is thin, crisp, and baked in what I believe is the oldest brick oven in the city. This is REAL pizza. The sauce, cheeses, herbs, and mushrooms (or whatever you choose to grace the pie) are delicioso! Go early, when it opens, or prepare to wait in line. The waitstaff is lovely and SF would not be the same without this wonderful restaurant.

2  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Tommaso’s and had a wonderful meal! Upon arrival we were impressed with the size and decor of the restaurant. It looked modern but still cozy and welcoming. We were pleasantly surprised to be seated outside with a lovely view of the river. Our server was prompt in taking our drink order and explained both the regular menu and the seasonal menu at length.

My husband ordered a craft beer pint and I had a glass of the seasonal wine, Chenin Blanc. The pour of the wine was very generous and the beer was nice and cold. For our appetizers we ordered the beet salad as well as the Greek salad. The Greek salad was delicious with huge chunks of feta and lots of olives. As a frequent eater of beet salads I can honestly say that it was one of the best ones, if not the best, beet salad I have ever had. Again, there was lots of cheese and a extremely generous portion of beats on top of the arugula salad. My only feedback on the beet salad would be to omit the large slices of red onions. There was at least 6 on the salad and they were very thick. I ended up picking them off. For our entrees my husband had the classic spaghetti. I had the seasonal fish, branzino. Both were absolutely delicious and the portions were massive. The spaghetti was loaded with meatballs, sausage and pepperoni. My husband said the sauce was great. His only feedback on his entree was that the meatballs were a bit fatty. My fish entree came with 2, yes 2, filets of branzino, rice and a large portion of asparagus. All was fantastic! There was so much fish I ended up pushing it into the middle of the table so I could share. We skipped dessert as we were so full.

We would highly recommend Tommaso’s to our friends and family. If you’re in the area and you can’t decide between a couple of places, take our word for it, you won’t be disappointed!

Cheers!

1  Thank Katelyn S
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Although the food was not outstanding the staff were.
Wonderful good old fashioned hospitality.
The maitre d’ (owner) stopped by our table numerous times to have a quick chat and the waiters were extremely attentive and chatty.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

After a long day of walking, a relaxing dinner in my hotel room sounded wonderful. I very much appreciated Tommaso's preorder service. My meal was ready to go in about 20 minutes, and was just a short 3 block walk from my hotel. The portion of Eggplant Parmesan and Penne was generous, but I found the eggplant to be soggy - most likely the sautΓ©ing step was skipped. The red sauce was on the sweet side. Extra parmesan cheese was highly processed and the bread was forgettable. Service was great, but I've had better Italian.