“What a great breakfast/lunch spot.”

Mama's on Washington Square
Ranked #71 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Description: Established in 1951. The family of Mama and Papa Sanchez, serves up traditional and innovative breakfast dishes in "Little Italy", the famous North Beach District in San Francisco. Across the street from the beautiful Washington Square Park, Mama's legions of fans line up early and throughout the day. We use the freshest of local products, imported Italian meats to fill our fluffy omelettes, homemade jam, fresh baked breads, pastries and other delectable dishes. We invite you to try our little restaurant and become part of the Mama's Family.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Mamma Mia! I wish every city had a Mama's. The deli case is loaded with the most attractive and yummy choices. I'd go to Mama's every day if I lived in the area. Everything is delicious - only wish there was more seating.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

So yes there was a long line outside the door on a tuesday morning but it was so worth it!!! The best breakfast hands down. Thick bacon, the best french toast!! A MUST HAVE if you are in the San Fran Area!!!! I Will be back just for MAMA's!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is one of my mainstays in SF, every time I visit I have to go here. There is of course a line, but it is worth every minute of it! The staff is always friendly, the food is fantastic!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Hands down, best breakfast I have ever had! There is always a wait out the door but it is totally worth it, I recommend a weekday for an early breakfast, we only waited 20 minutes. Great service. French toast is amazing with homemade jam and fresh fruit, yum! My fiancee had eggs and bacon with home fries, also very yummy. We also split a coffee cake from the bakery, YUM!!!! Restaurant is small and beautiful! A must do if ur in San Fran!

1  Thank mgonz045
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We arrived at 7:45am (it opens at 8am) and there were already 30 people in line. We waited about and hour to actually eat but it was 100% worth the wait. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. I suggest the french toast! We also took a carrot cake (delicious!!!!) and a chocolate crumb cake to go for later! Francis Sanchez, the owner, took our order which i thought was very cool. She gave her suggestions and asked where we were from. The service and staff were friendly, and happy. The atmosphere is extremely warm and welcoming once you are in! So fun, will definitely return!

1  Thank KimG338