“Express Lunch Box”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #856 of 6,025 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Japantown
Cross street: Laguna /Webster
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Visited the restaurant again for a business lunch. Great value for the Express Lunch Boat. Came with soup and salad!! Boat has shrimp tempura and vegetables, sashimi, endame, salmon
and sliced orange.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

The service was good, a little short the show of food but really I didn't mind when I tried the food so delicious. The attention of the hostess is not very good (appear lost at work or distracted), and making a reservation really took many tries to find the time we wanted.

The food was worth the wait.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

If you have a group of 8 then this is the place for you, because the table sits 8, anything smaller and you may have to share a table. You get a 5 course meal, soup, salad, appetizers, (small portions) main course & ice cream. We went on a Monday night and the service was slow, although the food was good. It's also loud so not a good place if you like quiet while eating. Overall though, I would recommend this restaurant if they enjoy a cooked meal right in front of them, don't mind the smoke, or the noise, or sometimes slow service.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

A excelent place for a dinner, the drinks & cocktels are perfect, I recomend the Tokio cocktel. The food was delicious the steak, the chicken and the seafood. The staff is attent to you and made all for you to have a magnificent dinner.

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Went here for a late lunch. Entered and went up to the reception area. Three staffers were there chatting with each other and ignoring us.

After a while of being ignored, my companion wanted to leave. We walked out and after we left the host (I guess) ran out into the hallway and shouted after us "I just wanted you to know that I'm acknowledging you walking out". Really shouting loud.

We didn't say or do anything to them to provoke such a thing and I have never seen this before. This immature, passive-aggressive behavior has no place in the restaurant business. The place seems run for tourists by children.

We have had a bad experience here before (poor greeting, unfriendly greeting, being ignored), but were giving them another chance. What's wrong with saying "hello, welcome to Benihana, can I help you?".

I guess it is just too demanding to ask the staff to behave professionally. Destroying your brand, one customer at a time. Sad.

Won't be back.