“Birthday”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 6,298 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: California
Transit: End of California Line
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in San Francisco, California!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great and friendly staff. Ecseptional servise. Our friends invited us to celebrate my birthday. I enjoyed it very much. The food was excellent! Highly recommend this place for meat and non meat lovers! I’m sure you will enjoy it!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Nice room, really great steaks, delicious bread, salad, sides. A real treat of a dining experience. Order a bone in filet, ribeye and Caesar salad. Just excellent.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

My friend and I wanted to have a good steak dinner while in San Francisco and thought we would try Ruth's Chris. Big mistake!

We ordered the Ruth's Classic, which basically is a 3 course meal for a reduced price. Neither of us finished our steak or the sides and we did not even agree to the desert. The "filet's" tasted more like sirloin, had no flavor and was tough. We did advise our waiter of this when asked if we were enjoying our meal. We also advised we were not looking for a freebie, but more wanted to pass on our feelings and experience. He apologized and took our plates then came back stating he relayed our information to the manager on duty, who never even came over to talk to us.

Arturo was our waiter and he was fantastic. He was on top of our every need from the moment we sat down to our exit.

Would not recommend this place, or the one in Houston, TX.

1  Thank mstrkp
RuthsChrisSteakHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. What you describe not only fell short of your expectations, but also falls short of our highest brand standards. We are very sorry you didn't catch us at our best. So that we may personally apologize and do what we can to ensure you'll give us another chance to make a great impression, please email your contact information to us at comments@ruthschris.com. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

My husband's family treated us to a birthday dinner for my husband. Party of 6, including my 9yr and 5yr old sons. Service was wonderful from start to finish. Knowledgeable, gave recommendations, and friendly. Children's menu was great and affordable for an expensive restaurant: choice of main item (my boys both picked 4oz filet), side dish, and ice cream for dessert for 13.95. My 9yr old is a steak lover and ate his meal and most of his brother's steak too! The table ordered crab stuffed mushrooms and calamari for appetizers, both were excellent. I ordered the 8oz filet, and it was by far the best steak I've ever eaten in my life! My husband ordered the cowboy ribeye and loved it. We ordered mashed potatoes and mushrooms as the sides to share for the table, both were delicious! My husband ordered the bread pudding for his birthday dessert, I got the creme brulee. Perfect end to a perfect meal. This restaurant is PRICEY but worth it for a special occasion!

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We love Ruth Chris and always go to one wherever we are traveling. This one was terrible and a huge disappointment. It is NOT like any other Ruth Chris we have been too. The decor is dated and the place is run down. There is a bar in the front that is more of a scuzzy pick up place and looked like there were ladies making "business arrangements" there.
Our waiter Chris was pleasant. That is the only good thing about our evening there. My husband's steak was not cooked right. The food was just okay and really not up to par for Ruth Chris. The crab cakes were the only good thing we ate. The lobster bisque was not hot and just mediocre at best.

RuthsChrisSteakHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you for your honest comments, Ann. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than favorable experience. Your feedback is very important to us and essential for our growth, not only at this location but also as a brand. We would like to speak with you further and do what we can to make things right. If this is of interest to you, please email your contact information to us at comments@ruthschris.com. Thank you!