1,712 results
All reviews union square marriott properties geary street nice boutique hotel tenderloin district homeless people few blocks corner room hotel bar breakfast room front desk staff free coffee valet parking ceiling fan street noise lobby sf
Reviewed 11 September 2018

The hotel is close to Union Square in a somewhat shabby area. Obviously an old place that has been renovated. I never understand when renovations are done halfheartedly, but ok. Room is ok, not less, but also not more than that. The stay deserves 3-4 stars, I wouldn't go there again though. BUT... what really pulls this further down is the after-service. I was charged wrongly, made the concierge aware at check-out, had a confuse set of charges and credit entries after leaving with an overcharge of about 30 USD. I called, they promised somebody will call back: nothing happened. I called again, same procedure, same result. Then I wrote an e-mail - no reply whatsoever. Second e-mail - take a guess... Really, really, really unacceptable (and I don't mean the overcharge, mistakes happen, but the communication and style after that). Now 30 USD is too small an amount to open a fraud case with my credit card company, so I will leave that, but I really think future guests should be aware of the way the place is run. Very clearly: no recommendation from me. PS: giving two points although I think only one deserved - but I want the reader to understand that it wasn't pure anger that drove me to this performance assessment. Good luck.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank klellere
TroyG936, Front Office Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience at the end of your stay. I apologize that so much of your time was used to resolve and issue that seemingly never got resolved and I also want to apologize for the lack of communication from our team. I am happy to help if you want to reach out to the hotel directly. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

This ‘autograph’ hotel will certainly not be part of my autograph collection! Rooms are outdated, overpriced and unclean.

On the first night we masticated in the restaurant recommended by the concierge- which just so happened to be within the hotel! one sits here wondering how this hotel is rated at the dizzying heights holding a rating of 4*, 2.5 at best.

Whilst the smell of garlic may be reminiscent to some of their nans vampire necklace, the potent smell of it eminating from the lift is repulsive. The corridors penetrate your nostrils with a smell that would come off second best in a taste test against faecel matter. In my room I was astounded to discover the bacteria writhing clothes of my pre inhibitors residing in the wardrobe showing a lack of basic cleanliness. The building is somewhat more of a breeding ground for bacteria than a ‘boutique’ hotel.

Upon checkout there was an attempt to completely over charge including doubling pre set launderette costs even though there had been a failure to meet the promise of 24hour completion. Shambles.

All of this before we begin to address the abundance of homeless subjecting each visitor to harassment on each street corner.

However Rome wasn’t built in a day- lovely reception lady and the dog bowls in reception were a considerate touch for our feline counterparts

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank top l

Hello and thank you very much for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do take the cleanness and upkeep of our hotel very seriously and have regular checks in place to ensure that our policies are being followed. I was happy to hear that your encounter with our staff was pleasant and I hope that you enjoyed your time in our great city.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Adagio for 3 nights as part of a trip to attend friends wedding festivities in Sonoma the previous 3 days. Let me start by saying that I’m Platinum Elite with Marriott and stay over 50 nights per year at several of their brands, and I used points to ‘pay’ for this stay.

Maybe that’s why we were given an older room that obviously hadn’t been remodeled in many years. But I doubt that’s the reason that: a) the hotel showed my status as Gold and I had to log in to my Marriott account to prove that I’m Platinum (and thus was entitled to free breakfast each day), b) why the room wasn’t ready at checkin time, c) why they didn’t see that we required a feather free room (due to my wife’s allergies) and we had to wait for a SECOND room to be cleaned before we could check in, and d) why we had to call 3 times over 4+ hours to get a mini fridge in our room (more on that momentarily). But
I also used points at the Renaissance in Sonoma for the previous 3 days and had no issues whatsoever.

I’ll admit that a), b) and d) really weren’t THAT big of a deal separately, but I never have these issues at any other Marriott brand. But the feather free thing was kind of a big deal as my wife has trouble breathing if she is exposed to feathers while sleeping.

On the plus side the staff was friendly and I think they really tried, but just somehow managed to bungle our checkin and first impressions. Not at all like the other Marriott ‘Autograph Collection’ hotels we’ve stayed at. Given the overall experience I would probably choose the Marriott in nearby Union Square if I had it to do again.

P.S. Just to note: our room did not have a fridge (most every Marriott brand I’ve ever stayed in had a mini-fridge), nor in-room coffee/tea. I’ve NEVER stayed at a hotel that didn’t offer in room coffee/tea amenities regardless of brand - again, very surprising for an Autograph Collection ‘ hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you very much for your feedback. I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us. I also wanted to thank you for your loyalty with Marriott. I also apologize that your status was not correct in our system and your preferences were not updated. I was happy to hear that you felt our staff was friendly and that they we were able to correct these issues, but again I apologize for the time that it took away from your visit. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

The staff was very courteous, the bar is great, and the coffee was fresh and good. The room was clean, but a bit dated. It is a bit far from the financial district and other downtown attractions. BUT the outdoor terrace on the top floor where the wedding was held was absolutely stunning. It was a bit expensive, relative to other hotels- especially for a Marriott remake.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Great location, very near Union Square. There are lots of small restaurants nearby like Chabaa - excellent Thai food. Walgreens is just around the corner if you need anything.
Miss Fatima, their supervisor was very helpful with my reservation. Room was large, big screen TV , great architectural design with full length windows. The lobby and the coffee room have a very romantic and nostalgic setting.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family