“Excellent Pho and budget dining”

Tin - Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #338 of 6,271 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Reviewed 17 December 2016

We stumbled on this place for dinner. It must be really popular, as the line was out the door, but they turn over diners pretty quickly so the wait usually isn't too long.
Anyway, the food is standard Vietnamese, but is fantastic! We shared mango salad and spring rolls, both of which were extremely fresh, and the pho is fabulous. Dinner for 4 was $70, which is great for this quality of food in San Francisco. The place is pretty small and packed, so maybe not a great place to take a date, but I would definitely go here with friends.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

I was going to pick up my BMW at the Euro Motors around the corner (great place if you need BMW work done). The Mechanic was closing up for lunch so he invited me to join him and his colleague. I expected some fast food place nearby, and was totally surprised to walk into Tin for the first time. It was Saturday afternoon and this place was hopping and there is nothing really around so people have to be looking for it. The service was quick and friendly and when I started eating, I could see why it was full. I had the Hue Rolls which were a blast of flavour with the first bite, yet they were light and a perfect proportion of pork, herbs,and wrap. We then shared the 5-Spice Quail. Another winner. We got two orders and devoured them. The guys also got noodles which were plentiful. My mechanic picked up the lunch before we got back to the shop for my 2,000 bill, but for a free lunch, I was super happy and will definitely go back to this place to impress friends with a hole int he wall find.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

This place is a gem! Found it after a couple of days stay in SF. Wished I found it earlier.

I had the Pho Ga. I rate it very good to excellent. The pickled red onions (part of the condiments) was a nice change up. Prompt service and excellent staff.

The decor was pleasant with soft warmlighting.

A good indication of the food quality and taste is to look around and observe the cultural background of the other diners. If it's full of customers with same origins as the food dishes, it's usually a good choice.

I was there after 9pm and got a table right away. If you arrive during the peak times, expect a queue! Sorry no photos taken. But I'll be back for more.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Very good Vietnamese food, Very informal, a bit crowded, so don't be in a hurry! The food was some of the best I've had. Recommended.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

We were early, and Tin (half of Tin-Tin) was quiet. The spring rolls were excellent, as was my beef pho. My wife had a dish with tofu and no soup and enjoyed it. The portions are large and invite sharing. We'll keep it in mind for our next visit to SFO.