“good value for money”

Ranked #122 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
California, Maryland
“good value for money”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Centrally located, clean, small room but all I needed. My room was reasonably quiet but heard that others can be loud. Ask for a quiet room when you reserve. One minute from Powell Bart station. Some Bart stations have parking. You can pay for reserve parking at Bart, $5 per day, and use Bart. Check on various hotel sites, e.g., hotels.com. I found a really good rate that made it a real bargain. Wound up paying $82 a night with all taxes and fees.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank creativity2001
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel is steps from the Powell Street (@ Market) Muni stop so it is convenient. The surrounding neighborhood varies between ritzy and dodgy. The hotel itself is nice, boutiquish, but I could see how anyone could easily get in. Having siad that I did feel safe. The hotel actually has rooms for one! With single twin beds. In small rooms. But for me it was just enough. There was a small fridge, that was somewhat stocked but left enough room for my things. The bed was comfortable. There was a large closet and nice bathroom. I had two rooms here. The first was on the 2nd floor (room 217) and the window opened onto a landing shared by other rooms. It was also across from the ice machine so the staff gladly changed it for me. My second room was on the top floor (510) and had an inside courtyard window and felt more spacious because of the design. Most of the staff are very friendly and great. The breakfast is on the 5th floor and is "grab and Go" so there's nowhere to eat except your room. They had a nice selection of danish that was in stock until the breakfast hours finished (7-9am). The neighborhood leaves a LOT to be desired if you walk two blocks in the wrong direction. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room if you want quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
John D, General Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear stevinazo,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Fusion on your recent visit to San Francisco, and I would like to especially thank you for posting a detailed and informative review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear the the room transfer and our Twin (Single) room worked out for you. Please do keep Hotel Fusion in mind for your next stay. Thanks again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 April 2012 via mobile

My experience with this hotel is a rather pleasant one.

Location is the best part about the hotel. 400metres from all major transport networks and major shopping stores.

Service was good. They helped me safe keep a baseball tickets one month prior my arrival, gladly helped me print my airport shuttle confirmation ticket. Housekeeper was attentive to details.

As this is no luxury hotel, the rooms were smaller if you made that comparison. But it worked well for me and my wife.

Breakfast was simple. Nothing to rave about but its good to keep you full.

With regard to the noise, yes, you can hear some noise but its not earth shattering. As an advice you could try to get one room that is not facing the main street.

In all, 4 stars for a good value for money hotel.

Jason
Singapore

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Jason_Chan84
John D, General Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Jason_Chan84,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to give us a feedback on our hotel property!

Thank you once again for giving us a good review, and please do keep Hotel Fusion in mind on your next visit to San Francisco. See you again!
sault ste marie
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Hotel was priced right and very clean. Our main complaint is we are light sleepers and were put in room 220. We stayed Saturday night and the bar next door was literally vibrating our room. We have a white noise macine to drowned out noise but the bass from next door was overwhelming. We asked the front dest to be moved but she said the hotel was booked. Even walking down the hallway the bass was overwhelming. It literally took over 2 hours to fall asleep. Hotel was located right next to the subway in the heart of the downtown which was nice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear chris e,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Fusion on your recent visit to San Francisco and for giving us a review on Trip Advisor. We value your input and your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Due to a sold out situation, we were unable to accommodate you to another room away from the bar, and for that, please accept my personal apology. Please know that we are continuously looking into and researching options that can minimize the noise generated by the bar.
On a return visit to San Francisco, I would welcome you to give Hotel Fusion another try. Please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation; I will see to it personally that your stay will be both pleasurable and memorable.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
albq
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have never seen a more unwelcoming room or more shoddy service help.There is no fresh air and the bed is ridiculously small and uncomfortable.When we asked for a new room we were offered an even smaller version with the sink in the bed room.On our last night we decided to stay out a bit late and were met with a non wokring elevator to make it to our 5th floor nightmare. The room was never serviced for a 4 day stay. However the candy bars stocked were religiously counted to add to any charges.Stay across the street or for that matter ask street people to let you share their box before paying for this travesty.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robinAlbq
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion on your recent visit to San Francisco. Secondly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. We value your input and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We strive to ensure that the guest experience is our top priority during your visit at Hotel Fusion, and we take great pride in our exceptional service and make it our number one priority to attend to all of our guests’ needs, but unfortunately, we fell short of our goal on this occasion. On behalf of Hotel Fusion and its staff, please accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings.

On a return visit to San Francisco, I would welcome you to give Hotel Fusion another try and allow you to experience the changes we have made along with appropriate improvements to our service level. Please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation; I will see to it personally that your stay will be both pleasurable and memorable.

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels