“Not much different than other SF 4 star hotels”

Omni San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I live in the Bay Area so stay in SF a lot. I picked the Omni because of its high ratings. It is very nice but I like lots of other places just as well and they aren't as expensive. I prefer to stay in the Union Square area as the financial district doesn't have a lot of restaurants is too isolated on weekends. Although, you can walk anywhere, you have to walk at least 4 blocks to get to anything. That said, you can walk to Chinatown, North Beach, Union Square and the Embarcadero, each in a different direction.
The fruit drinks and fruit in the lobby are a nice touch. The rooms are pretty much standard big box hotel style with nice bedding. The real negative about this hotel was that the closet smelled terrible.
I like the boutique hotels better that offer things like free wifi and have a lot of charm. I wouldn't stay here again unless is was the least price place. I paid more because of the reviews and was disappointed.

4  Thank Khaton13

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Service was exceptional. Conveniently located on cable car line and within walking distance to Chinatown, North Beach areas. Rooms are nice and comfortable. No noise problems. Got a really good rate on hotels.com as our trip date neared. Join the Omni Select online to get free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast beverages delivered, newspaper and other extras before your stay. Enjoy and say hi to Barney at the door!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank blockfl
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for 4 nights at this lovely hotel. Our room was surprisingly spacious and we were tucked away at the end of the hall, which made it ultra quite. The bar was cozy, but on the expensive side. The front desk and doormen were extremely helpful with information about the area. Across the street is a French bakery, La Boulange, where we had breakfast one morning. Make sure you grab some delicious coconut macarons while you are there as the ones we purchased stay fresh for our entire trip.

I would definitely stay at the Omni again if my travels have me in San Fran.

Room Tip: Although our room on the 14 floor did not have a great view, it was away from the noisy street side...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MJlovethebeach
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My Husband and I stayed two night in this past weekend (July 6&7) to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary. We had stayed in this hotel three times in the past three years. I debated if we should stay somewhere else for this special visit before I booked my hotel. I am so glad I stuck with Omni SF. The staff was extremely friendly, totally up to par for solid 4 star hotel. It was easy in and out to drive to the Hotel. Valet guys were very helpful. By the way, $27/day valet parking w/in&out privilege in Fri&Sat is a good deal. Walking in the hotel, we were greeted with two glasses of Champagne upon arrival. Omni Royal Ambassador Debora Tjandra surprised us with a bottle of Champagne and Strawberry coated classic Chocolate in our room for our special 10th Wedding Anniversary! Thank you so much Debora! Thank you Omni SF! The room was very clean and comfortable. Watching quite a bit of Hotel Impossible lately, I did the thorough check of the bed and bath room like the way Anthony Melchiorri does his inspection. Absolutely NO complain! Bed and Pillow were all very good. Bath room was spotless. I am happy with every single aspect. Location is really good, walking distance to everywhere. Walking distance to have anthony bourdain's SF visit experience (R&G Lounge, Tonga room, north beach, farmer's market etc). Cable car is right outside of door. As Omni select guest for the past several year, I am thrill to see Omni SF always keep to the level it should be. I will go back for sure!

Room Tip: They are very good at fulfilling all requests at Omni SF!
1  Thank ChinesegirlinLA
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We've stayed at Omni's before but this hotel should be the flagship of the company.
We spent a long weekend (7/6-8) for sushi and to get away from the 100+ temps at home.
First and foremost, the thing that set them apart was service. EVERYONE - the doormen, front desk, restaurant and bar staff, security and housekeeping greeted us with smiles and hellos. The desk staff were genuinely interested in our itinerary and what they could do to make our visit the best it could be. And this wasn't the 'I'm-being-nice-because-it's-my job' attitude, everyone really went out of their way to help. The frontdesk staff never rushed thru answers to our 'touristy' questions and made sure that we were comfortable with the directions/info they gave. The doorman (sorry - can't remember his name), asked us each time we left where we were headed, offered how to get there, and wished us well. The best was when we needed a taxi for dinner and he summoned a private car and sent us on our way free of charge.
And every time we came back, everyone recognized us and greeted us with a 'welcome back' and 'how was your dinner/appt/etc.' The personal notes from the housecleaning staff also went a long way in adding an extra touch.
The rooms were as expected in a top chain - comfortable beds, excellent views, large TV, great decor, location, etc. The only drawback was the wetbar was somewhat sparsely stocked with only one of each item stocked.
We've stayed in many top hotels during our travels but this one will always be memorable for the service we received and will ALWAYS be the one we stay at when in SF.

Room Tip: Are there bad ones at the SF omni?
1  Thank Tony B