5,918 results
All reviews the financial district select guest california street cookies and milk union square ferry building great hotel loyalty program cable car room service turn down service front desk staff each morning valet parking fisherman's wharf free internet nob hill
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Wow, this hotel is great -- elegant, charming, comfortable, clean, and well-situated. When you layer the genuinely caring and friendly staff on top of this, you get an incredible experience.

My great experience started with the front doorman who advised me where to get the lowest parking rate for my 3-night stay. The front desk team was upbeat and helpful, the housekeeping & room service prompt, and the restaurant staff very courteous.

The room was really clean, comfortable, spacious, and quiet. Great mattress. The bathroom was also spacious with a deep tub and high shower faucet. Typical me, I forgot my toothbrush, but was provided with complimentary brush and toothpaste in an instant.

I liked the fact that Union Square was very close and the Ferry Building was within short walking distance.

I've stayed at several high-end hotels in San Francisco and this is now my favorite.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the top floor that didn't overlook California Street. I'm sure that was one reason it was so quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Harmser
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We decided to visit our daughter for her college Spring break instead of flying her back home to NY. We booked the Omni for three nights. We were welcomed with warm smiles and cordial, pleasant greetings throughout our stay. Our room did not have a thing out of place and all amenities met our expectations. Our first day was rain from morning to night. We took the China town walking tour, then did our own exploration. The hotel provided umbrellas that day for all guests. The hotel is centrally located for walking to many of the sightseeing highlights. If walking is not to your liking, the public transportation is nearby which I must admit we used at the end of the day. Having traveled throughout Europe, USA, Mexico, Latin America, and Mexico, this was one of our best hotel visits. Our ages, 67, 52, &20.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Muki59
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We returned to the Omni again for a long Easter weekend. The Omni is in a convenient location on the California St. cable car line and getting around is easy. The hotel is comfortable, spotless and up-to-date. My highest regards are for the staff who universally went out of their way to be welcoming and helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mpb0344
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed at the Omni recently, third weekend in three years. Very nice, clean, and service oriented hotel. Good size rooms, especially if you get one of the suites. We've found over the years the weekend rates are quite good compared to other high-end SF hotels due to the Financial district location. We prefer this location as it is an easy walk to the Ferry Bldg, Union Square, Chinatown, North Beach, SOMA, etc. All the staff are welcoming and friendly, rooms are ultra clean, good bar. Valet parking is a bit high, but you can park at the public garage overnight at California/Kearny, just up one block.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CAMurphthesurf
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We booked the Omni for a two-night weekend stopover. The location is quiet and ideal for easy walking to the main attractions. Very friendly and helpful staff. Not majorly impressed with the restaurant. Would stay here again if we ever return to SF.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple