“My favourite SF hotel so far” 4 of 5 bubbles

Omni San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #3 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“My favourite SF hotel so far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I've stayed in many hotels in San Francisco and so far I think this is my favourite. At first I was a little leery of staying in the financial district but when I realized how close I was to everything (my preferred mode of transportation is walking), I was thrilled. It's easy to walk to the Ferry Building (Farmers' Market on Saturday), to Chinatown & North Beach and even to SOMA.

Our room was large and the king size bed was very comfortable with great pilllows and sheets. Two robes were provided (hotels that only provide one drive me nuts). There is nothing trendy about the decor but it's inobtrusive and very comfortable. The bathroom was very large with a separate and spacious shower and nice amenities. Maid service was sympathetic and inobtrusive. The concierge and front desk staff were very helpful, with the exception of one person (who helped lose the fifth star in this review). All in a all, a great stay and I can easily recommend this hotel.

Why did it lose a star?

The gentleman who checked us in was okay at first but when he found out where we were from, not that pleasant. I guess he didn't like a city in our country. Wow. That was WEIRD, dude! When we asked him for restaurant recommendations for lunch (we had just flown in and were tired) he just vaguely waved his arms and said "there are hundreds around here, take your pick". Unhelpful. However, subsequent front desk staff were lovely.

Low battery in our in-room safe.

Lodgenet was terrible quality.

I don't like paying for Wi-Fi. I find it cheap on the hotel's part.

Overall however, I like the hotel and I'll stay there again for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leslie F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Omni Hotels are always my favorite hotels - and the San Francisco Omni in Union Square area did not disappoint!

From check in to check out, it was an outstanding experience. A special thank you to Laura, at the front desk, who made our stay extra special. She greeted us at arrival with a warm and welcoming smile. When she heard we were celebrating our 30th anniversary, she sent a wonderful treat to our room to help us celebrate. In fact, every staff person we came in contact with had a smile while asking if we were enjoying our stay.

The room was classic, spotlessly clean, with extremely comfortable beds. The Omni's Select Guest membership provides free beverages at a time of your choosing in the mornings - would definitely recommend joining for this benefit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dc4Vermont
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Great hotel with great location. Steps from fisherman wharf, union square, and any mode of public transportation. My room had two flat screen tvs, sofa, and huge bathroom. The lobby had fresh hot apple cider and apples to enjoy. I would definitely stay at this omni again. One note, I have been craving the oven roasted garlic crabs since returning back to dc area. Please do not miss out on ths s.f treat!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank barbadosluv
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stay here every year on business trips and love it. The service is great, and the rooms are very nice. The cable car runs right outside the front door and Chinatown is just 2 blocks up the hill. One of my favorites in SF.

• Stayed February 2012
Calgary, AB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed for two nights. Very good location (near financial district, but also walking distance to great shopping -- speaking of which, Westfields shopping centre on Market has the most plentiful shops, plus the Embarcadero has good shopping as well). My room on the 7th floor appeared to have been recently renovated. Was a little loud, though, with the window open as the cable car was right outside. I thought the front desk staff were great. My air conditioning wouldn't work and as a result I had a poor night's sleep, but I should have let the hotel know and asked them to fix it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business