“Great Stay!”
Review of da Vinci Villa

da Vinci Villa
Ranked #108 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We just got back last night and we had a wonderful time. We travel quite a bit and this was a great little find. The location was perfect, we walked everywhere! We got a great deal for this hotel and on top of that we received continental breakfast, which saved us time and money. We just ordered some extra eggs with it, and we were ready for the day. We also received with our deal wine and cheese, which was also very nice. Our kids had a great time swimming in the heated pool and helped them relax after a long day of walking. The Sauna was nice for the adults. Although we didn't use it, the gym was really nice and big. I loved the products at the hotel and the room smelled wonderful. It is a small and intimate hotel, so it was a little noisey in the morning when housekeeping was coming in, but other than that no complaints! I thought not having air conditioning was going to be an issue, especially when I am blow drying my hair, but the room was very nice and cool. Oh yes, and the front desk staff super nice and accommodating. I don't know what people are complaining about, you get what you pay for, in our case, we got more. One more thing, the parking it a bit high but i guess it evens out with the free breakfast. Tit for tat! Go and Enjoy! And Tip, we saw a lot of people not even tipping, that is so rude.

Room Tip: First floor centrally located and you don't have to wait for elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lovetospend
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Our room was extremely clean. The staff was friendly & knowledgeable; they were quite helpful in where to go/how to get there. The room was comfy and well decorated. Good location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MEJDoane
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I booked this hotel on Hotels.com and it was merely for a 2 day layover to our trip to Mexico from the East coast. For the amount I paid I was not expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised, the lobby seemed new and the staff was very pleasant and helpful, the night we arrived it was raining and they lent us a umbrella to when we went out. The room it self was immaculately clean and also seemed to be recently redone, the bathroom too, there was free wifi which allowed my wife and I to do a bit of work, and when we needed to print the business center was available and working properly.

The location of the hotel was also perfect, on the corner of Van Ness and Filbert, it is one block over from the Polk Street that is lined with restaurants and bars. Also it is only a short walk to the wharf where there is plenty of restaurants and tourist attractions to do.

The one thing I would say has room from improvement would be the attached restaurant to the hotel, Caffe Como, the hotel offered a free Continental Breakfast which was just muffins, bagels and fruit (typically continental means eggs and sausage to me) and the whole feel of the place reminded me of a cafeteria.

Overall the stay at Da Vinci Hotel was very pleasant and I would be happy to stay there again as long as the price stayed the same.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel is NOT a three star.. more like a two at best. Its a motel with nice linen. there are no vanities in the bathroom. I used my lotion the first day and never got another in a four night stay. the rugs are so thin its like walkig on concrete and the housekeeping left much to be desired.

Room Tip: its cheap but you get what you pay for.. there are so many other options, i'd skip this one.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Marie S, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest:

Please accept my sincere apologies if our hotel did not meet your expectations. We value your comments and definitely shared them with the department heads so we can make improvements.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Parking fee + "parking fee tax" for $28.50 was not disclosed at the time of
booking the hotel. These hidden charges are only revealed when checking in....
Pets are charged $50.00

Room Tip: Rooms average $209 per night. Hotels.com has specials for $75.00 per night from time to time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Beth C, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Guests:

Please accept my sincere apologies for the miscommunication regarding our parking fees. I have shared your comment with our reservations department to ensure that guests are informed about our parking fees. Thank you for your comment.

With warm regards,