The Pickwick Hotel San Francisco
US$ 191
US$ 155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 251
US$ 170
  • Restaurant
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 244
US$ 209
  • Bar/Lounge
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 299
US$ 262
  • Restaurant
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 203
US$ 323
US$ 307
  • Room Service
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 260
US$ 231
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 274
US$ 242
US$ 209
US$ 187
US$ 512
Hotelpower.com
1,439 results
All reviewssoma restaurantgreat locationunion squarewestfield mallmarket streetan older hotelbart stationshort staycable carcentral locationpowell ststayed here for nightscorner roomrooms are smallcoffee makerbed was very comfortablepublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I could not get out of that hotel fast enough, I didn't experience a ghost but there was just something awful in the air, I felt like I had walked into an Alfred Hitchcock movie. My piece of advice ...STAY CLEAR OF THAT PLACE! I was booked for 3 days, I lasted only 2 hrs and grabbed a room at the Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ani H
Reviewed 29 March 2012

When we arrived the check in staff were very helpful and polite. The hotel concierge was extra helpful and the hotel was in a good location. We did notice the 'teddybear' on the reception desk asking that hotel visitors 'bear' with them during their refurbishment. This actually helped to explain the state of our room. It certainly needs refurbishing! Although in it's day this hotel must have been very charming it is at the moment very sad. The room was extremely tatty with stained carpets, crumbling paintwork, broken wardrobe shutter and electric wiring that looked quite unsafe. The bed although had clean linen was very uncomfortable and only had one flat pillow. My advise would be to stay away from the Pickwick until all works have been completed and then hopefully it may be again the charming and characterful hotel it once must have been.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank st3phen
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Vintage hotel. The rooms were clean but a bit small. The staff was attentive and friendly. Great central location close to BART, Cable Car and street car to the wharf

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Vikneu
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The room we stayed in was filthy! There was dust everywhere and stains on the carpet, and receipts from the previous guests on the floor. We went down to reception to complain and they were very helpful. They offered us another room but unfortunately it was too small, so we asked them to clean our room and they did. Although the room was still dirty and the carpet was full of stains it was not as bad as when we first arrived. We decided to grin and bear it and just get on with our holiday. We would never stay there again but if they replaced the carpets and spruced up the furniture the place wouldn't be half bad.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is not a stellar hotel, by all means, but it is certainly not the "hell hole" that some are describing it as. Not even close.

It's obviously an old building, but my room - while not being huge - was comfortable, clean and well appointed, as well as freshly painted. The bed provided a decent night's sleep and while there is some noise from outside (it's in the middle of SF!) it is certainly nothing more than I would expect. Free wifi is always appreciated when I stay in any hotel, so it scores well enough here, and it has a great location.

I also don't really understand the comments regarding the staff and check-in as mine was seamless, efficient and polite. The more recent set of reviews feel rather like a set of people joining some sort of bandwagon, or I arrived there after the highlighted criticisms were addressed. Either way, unless you're looking for a 5-star stay, then you won't be too disappointed by the Pickwick.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business