“FAMILY FAVORITE”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Reviewed 13 September 2016

My family and I have been traveling to San Francisco for 10+ years. My husband and I found Dojima Ann on our first trip to SF together before we had kids. We were looking for a place near our hotel for a late meal. The katsu curry was so good. We went back the next day and since then have been making it a point to eat here (sometimes 2-3x) every time we visit SF. We even send all our family and friends here. The food is Japanese comfort food- and even better than the Japanese restaurants back home in Hawaii. The number one pick for us? Tonkatsu Donburi!!

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Really enjoyed a casual meal here. Gyoza were devine, nice sushi and good curry(chicken cats and beef) Excellent service despite it being a busy friday night. Sashimi, particularly salmon seemed to be popular

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

So we came after a long day of sight seeing and just wanted something easy. The food was fantastic. The only downside (from a British point of view) is that the food came at all different times. We ordered a starter and a main each - my fiancée's starter and main came together about 5 mins before mine came (also together).

But it was very good food. The staff were attentive and filled our water regularly etc. Also it wasn't that expensive for the quality of food you get.

I'd recommend for good Japanese food.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Located just off of union Square this is a cramped dumpy place that serves some of the most delicious noodles in town. Go for the noodles, not the ambiance. I make this a regular stop whenever I am in town. KService is really fast. Usually crowded, go in the off hours.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Being honest we had never tried or heard of some of the dishes being served. We tried it anyways lol. Very small and cramped restaurant with so so service. Would not go back. The water tasted really really bad for whatever reason. I ordered some kind of tempura with Shrimp and rice. Only had one small piece of shrimp. We ordered fried oysters as a appetizer and they were served when we were finished with our entrees. Would not go back