“San Francisco Walking Tour. Fascinating and FUN!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Discover Walks - San Francisco Walking Tours

Discover Walks - San Francisco Walking Tours
Ranked #119 of 275 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: How will you visit San Francisco: with an expat guide or with true NATIVES? On paid tours, or on FREE, pay-what-you-want, services?
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“San Francisco Walking Tour. Fascinating and FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

What a fantastic experience. We took the North Beach tour and had the best time. I'm a native to the Bay Area and rarely get to be a "tourist" in my own town. This was a special treat and well worth it! I can't wait to do the Chinatown tour and will recommend this to all my neighbors and out of town visitors. Apparently they have this in Paris, Barcelona, and Prague as well. We are going to Paris next summer and can't wait to do this there.

Visited May 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

The brochure we picked up in our hotel said no booking, no fixed fee, just turn up at the stated place and time and look for the guide in orange. So simple. And it was brilliant.
We and two other couples met Jesse and he took us round Chinatown for nearly two hours, showing us places and telling us things we would never have found for ourselves.
Jesse was great, very informal and friendly, but extremely knowledgable. He clearly loved his city and enjoyed sharing it - it was like being taken round by a friend.
We would definitely do Discover Walks again and recommend it without reservation.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank claret54
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing free walking tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I highly recommend Discover Walks - I joined for two free (though please tip the guides) tours yesterday and learned a ton from my very knowledgeable and friendly guide Evan. He explained this history of the Barbary Coast region with interesting stories about how the region has changed over the years. For the Fisherman's Wharf tour in the afternoon, I was the only customer so it was a private tour! In both he was happy to customize the tour based on the interests of the group. Overall, I couldn't have been happier

Visited April 2012
Tempe, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Take a walk- and discover San Francisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I loved this tour! I was visiting San Francisco with my 13 year old son and we both had a blast with Discover Walks. I still can't believe it's free. Our guide was pretty funny and kept us entertained the whole time- which is not easy to do with my son (he's usually plugged into the games on his phone). We took all three tours in one day and during the Fisherman's Wharf tour the guide went out of his way to show us where we could buy some angry birds hats- all because he remembered it was my son's favorite game! Make sure you take these walks and tip the the guides while you can- I can't imagine these tours being free very much longer

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Tommy H
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Everyone should experience this tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

My friend and I picked up a brochure which said Discover Walks "Free" tip-supported - so we decided to give it a try. Natasha greeted us at Transamerica Pyramid and as we were the only ones who showed up on Sunday - we got this wonderful private tour - could hear everything, could ask questions, could detour if wanted or stay longer at a particular place. It was JUST GREAT! Next time I'm in San Francisco, I'll definitely try the other two tours. It was a pleasure to give her a good tip and it was still probably less than a large tour would have been.

Visited February 2012