“Napa & Sonoma Day”

US$ 139.00*
Yosemite National Park Day Trip from San Francisco
Ranked #86 of 294 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Our company offers tours in the Northern California region, including Wine tours in Napa Valley and day trips to Yosemite National Park. We offer Hop on Hop off Buses around the city and Guided tours around the city. We are now offering tours to Monterrey Bay and Muir Woods National Monument.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Today my sister and I took the Napa & Sonoma Wine Country tour with Doug as our driver and around 20 other travellers.

Doug is a fountain of knowledge, not only in regards to the wineries and wine-making procedures but also of local flora and fauna which was insightful to the area as we hadn't done much research prior.

If you find that you are in a large group, please make sure you stay organised so you meet back at the bus exactly when told to - it saves you all time and allows extra to peek at or drive-by some beautiful estates, just for a quick snap.

Thanks Doug for a great day!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Gray Line San Francisco

Reviewed 10 February 2012

My title says it all....
My husband and I did the Super Sightseeing "blue" bus tour today and it was painful in everyway.
We hopped on at Union Square with Willie as our driver... His repetative commentary was exhuasting to say the least. The odd joke that was not repeated 100 times were amusing at times. We got off at peir 39 to check out the Sea Lions and then waited for 40mins for another bus.
The second bus driver was Ron, his commentary was not much better than Willie's but his driving was ridiculous. Ron drove so fast through the city opportunities to take photos were non-existent.
My husband and I were feeling so nauseous due to the Poor driving we had to get off the bus.
We were considering walking back to our hotel but gave the tour one last shot.... We copped Willie again!
His energy for his job needs taming...He repeatedly declares love for his job but his passion has dulled my passion as a tourist today. :(
During our holiday this time my husband and I have used Hop-On-Hop-Off buses in London, New-York and Vegas.... They were all amazing. Don't take the blue buses. They might be cheaper but your trip will be PAINFUL!!!

supersightseeing2627, General Manager at Gray Line San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear Giboos,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your experience was less than ideal. Please stop by our office in Fisherman's wharf and I will be glad to refund your money in full. I will be having a word with our drivers today to address the issues you brought up.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I just got back from my first trip to SF with a friend ( another first-timer) and I can't say enough good things about this tour company. We were both SF novices but my friend had printed out some "what to do and see" information that just happened to include this company's phone number for their "hop on hop off" tour. Before I go on I've got to pass on a little bit of valuable information - apparently there are 4 companies in SF that do the "ho-ho" tours. 3 of them run red buses and 1 ( this one) runs blue buses. Make sure you get the BLUE bus company!!! First of all you will be confused all day if you go with the red buses because they generally come to the stops one after another and secondly because the customer service of the "blue bus" people is top notch. Since we didn't know where to stay we ended up at the Courtyard Marriott in San Bruno near the airport ( a great place I will review later) but as we found out the tour company makes a run to the airport hotels around 7:30-8:00 each morning and they only charged an additional $5. Folks, let me tell you THIS IS A DEAL!!! The hotel bus takes you into their main office near Fisherman's Wharf and a block from the Powell Mason cable car stop. From there you can catch the 19 stop "ho-ho" bus that starts its route at 9:30 or one of their other tours. The "ho-ho" is $30 for one day or $40 for 2. It makes a loop every 2 hours and the stops will put you in walking distance of pretty much anything you want to see. We stayed on the bus for the whole first loop in order to get a good overview of the major stops and then we just hopped on and off at will as we felt like it. The buses hit each stop every 30 minutes so you're never waiting long. Some of the buses have a guide and driver, some have a driver/guide, and some have a driver and a taped guide ( they provide earphones and this bus is also equipped with translations in 4 languages). If you can get on Ron's bus you are in for a treat - he's a hoot! If Ron's not on that day then Willie's your man, he's just as good with a different style. Actually everyone we dealt with from the folks in the main office to the hotel shuttle drivers were excellent ( Troy, that includes you). So remember, if you are in SF get on the BLUE bus!!!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We have taken several tours in and around the Bat Area and Super Sightseeing is the best game in town. Bar none. Locally owned and managed and superior staff. High value and strongly recommend!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We did most of the circuit with a live guide, then went back the next morning (ticket was good for 24 hours) and specifically took a headset tour. Fantastic weather for the beginning of February, so we really enjoyed the upper-deck view of this beautiful city. Informative guide with many "personal touches" that made the interaction very interesting. Recorded tour has the benefit of being in multiple languages, and was a professional recording with sound effects and all. It is a beautiful city and lends itself to touring - as far as I'm concerned.

1  Thank MarkE533