“Fantastic food and excellent service in a busy but cosy little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seven Hills

Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: On the Hyde street cable car stop at Pacific.
Description: SEVEN HILLS is a small neighborhood restaurant located in the romantic Nob Hill district of San Francisco. Our emphasis is on home made pasta and showcasing the best our local farmers have to offer. Our wine list was created to be extremely approachable and well suited to our cuisine. We are located on the cable car line on hyde street. We look forward to seeing you soon...
Central Saanich, Canada
“Fantastic food and excellent service in a busy but cosy little restaurant”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Visiting San Francisco for 3 days from our home town of Victoria, Canada, I took my wife to dinner at this restaurant based largely on the reviews of tripadvisor. We were not disappointed, and I have nothing but absolutely rave reviews for Seven Hills.

Food: 10/10. The rustic bread is worth it, so don't pass that up. It comes in handy when you want to soak up the delicious sauces to follow. Wife and I split the kalamari in bean puree. She had the spaghetti and I the wild mushroom pasta dish. Both spectacular. If you're ordering appies then a half order of the pasta dishes is almost enough. Mixed Italian olive appie was simple, but tasty. Definitely liked the touch of rosemary. For dessert, I had the shortbread which was sublime. We have nothing but positive things to say about the quality, freshness, and quantity of the food. Wine selection was acceptable and we were happy with our choices.

Service: 10/10. Prompt seating upon walking in at 6:15 PM, despite a very busy crowd and busy service staff. Our server was great, friendly, helpful, and not overly pushy or obtrusive. They paced the appies to drinks to main meal nicely without rushing us at any point. (My wife's only concern was the very large number of service staff, at times it felt like they were crowding our table in ongoing efforts to clear other tables. Probably because everything is pretty close together. "Cosy" is the word, I think.)

Overall, for a couple who LOVES Italian food, we cannot recommend this place enough. We'd definitely recommend getting a reservation, as it seemed to be completely full from 6:15 PM until we left shortly after 8 PM.

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Adrian D
Hi Adrian

Thanks for trusting Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you checked us out and that you enjoyed pretty much your whole experience. I appreciate it when people are detailed about my restaurant. I hope to see you and your wife soon.

Seven Hills
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Texas
“Looking for Excellent Italian? Bingo!”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I dined here on our recent trip to SF and the wine country. It was our favorite!! We had brought a bottle of wine with us, but the wine list looked very interesting. We decided to have several small plates, which is very nice feature. All of the dishes were excellent! Home made pasta's and very unique offerings. The staff worked together like a well oiled machine. Service is impeccable to match the food, what a fabulous dining experience! Thanks Alex and the rest of the staff for a great evening.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank El G
Hi El

No need to thank me. I don't only appreciate your business, but also the time you took out of your day to write me such an amazing review. It is much appreciated.

Mexico City
“Little gem at the heart of SFO”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

had dinner last week at Seven Hills. Located at Hyde Street few blocks from the wharf, Seven Hills is a small gem in SFO. The place have a notorious wine list, with a decent mix of North-American and South-American ones. Dish menu is not that extensive but the few dishes are remarkable, try the Pork Chop as one of house's specialties... awesome. Good for couple/friends, very warm environment, good fit for any special celebration or simply a foodie life. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank fturriaf
Hi Flurriaf

Great concise review. We don't chose wines because of where they are from but rather what wines complement our food. I appreciate you pointing that out.

THanks for being so positive about my restaurant!

Carlsbad, California
“Can't believe we stumbled upon this one!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Food was outstanding. I am a semi-adventurous eater, my husband is not. Food Prep was inventive, but my husband was also very happy with his choice. We were driving around looking for a dinner place and saw people waiting outside on a week night. I went to check the menu while he went to find parking. Service was excellent, we felt like regular customers. There are so many interesting restaurants in SF, and I love to try new ones each visit, but this is a must return to find.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Kristine O
Hi Kristine

I am so glad that you found parking, as it can be difficult around here! Thanks for the great review and for checking us out. There are so many excellent options for restaurants we are lucky to be consistently busy. Have a lovely day and see you soon.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Great place, great atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

Went there yesterday evening. Just called the up and got straight in for 8.30; really helpful on the phone.
We were early and they were running late but they were just so nice about it all. The maitre 'd was really good, kept us informed, sorted drinks. Food was just great and a real small family business type feel to the place (it's quite small). We would definitely go again.

1 Thank Graham W
Hi Graham

Brilliant review, sorry for the delay in getting back to you things have been very busy here lately.
Not sure if you will ever be back in SF, but if you do i hope that you check us out again!