“Best Italian this side of Rome!”
Review of 54 Mint

54 Mint
Reserve with OpenTable
54 Mint is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 5,921 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: Mission and Market streets
Transit: Mint Plaza is located off of Fifth Street between Market and Mission Streets in San Francisco’s Central Market district. The Plaza is a short distance (approximately 1 block) from the BART/MUNI Powell and Montgomery Street stations. Convenient MUNI bus lines include the 14 Mission, 15 Third, 30 Stockton, 45 Union and all Market Street routes.
Description: 54 Mint is a little gem in the heart of downtown San Francisco across from the old US Mint Building. We offer authentic Italian cuisine prepared only with fresh and seasonal ingredients. Our pastas and desserts are made fresh on a daily basis.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely the best Roman style food I have had outside of Rome (and better than most restaurants in Rome!). Octopus (tender), Gnocci (amazing), Panna Cotta, Sardinian red paired perfectly, and a Smokey Amari to finish. Molto Benne!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went here for a business dinner and it is some of the best Italian food I’ve had in ages. Our number change and they were accommodating. The server was so knowledgeable about the menu and was willing to explain it to us, especially in the context of the region in Italy where it was from. The wine he recommended was amazing, as were the desserts. Things to get: the buffalo mozzarella, cacio e peppe and the panna cotta.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stumbled upon 54 Mint by accident ....it was a lunchtime & we didn’t have a reservation.

Luckily they were able to fit us in.

We have to say we travel extensively, worldwide & visit Italy often & we were blown away by the quality, freshness & authentic Italian food.

The fresh bread.....spaghetti ale Carbonara .....pork salad on a homemade bread bun.....followed by Pannacotta.....and of course vino & coffees.....

Just off the scale for taste & presentation....we just loved this place....

Treat yourself & go find this place....but reserve a table if you can as I think we fell lucky!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We were fortunate to get a reservation on a Thursday night; who would have thought it would be difficult, but we were shutout on other choices. We were literally over an hour early, but sat at the bar for an excellent cocktail, and were actually seated over a half hour early. The place is hip, but Italian all the way. The manager and server were both Italian, there were Italian-speaking diners, and we couldn't have been happier. My wife had an appetizer that was a flan of cauliflower and gorgonzola that was phenomenal, as was my beet salad. My wife's Carbonara was perfect, and the lamb chops (3) were as well. Good wine list, but I brought a Brunello Reserva from my cellar for the occasion; $30 corkage. Not a cheap meal, but top-end dining in SF is not.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

They have a good selection of tasty appetisers, however the mains were a little bland for my liking. Expensive for what it was.