“Learn the city from knowledgeable guides and have a great time outdoors in beautiful SF.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours

Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours
Book In Advance
US$ 99.00*
and up
Majestic Electric Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: SoSF is your #1 source for all things biking San Francisco. We know the city's best bike routes, especially the ones that go around the hills. We show you San Francisco's wild history and modern trends, including food, art, music, kooky local politics, and, of course, all things bicycles. Our guided bike tours focus on the city's neighborhoods and include: Unique history, diverse neighborhoods, Victorian architecture, public art, awesome bikes, & tasty local cuisine. Fun, friendly, local guides lead you through safe, bike-friendly routes that go around those infamous hills.
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

The guides were young and fun, and knew so much about the cultures and changes in SF over the last century. The ease with which they navigated the city was amazing and they really showed us what a great option cycling has become in SF! Other cities need to get on board! My only critique- it's not a workout- gentle pace, frequent stops. If you want to exert yourself, this isn't it! Great new location in Hayes Valley!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“DEFINITELY lives up to the hype!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Following a short 4 day business trip to the USA, I had arranged an evening flight back home from San Francisco International Airport to the UK. This left me with a full day to explore the wonderful city, and after reading all the rave reviews here on TripAdvisor, I immediately contacted Daniel at Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours to book onto a tour. Although the tour for that date was full, Daniel and I exchanged a few emails and he was kind enough to accommodate me at short notice. Brilliant customer service!

It appears that I was on the same cycle tour as 'semiprecious1' (a few reviews below this one) who has written a fantastic account of the experience.

There is little more for me to add to anything anyone has said here, apart from this... Daniel has developed a fantastic tour for visitors to San Francisco. He and Mr Fantastic (aka Josh!) led a BRILLIANT cycle tour of the city, and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone interested in learning about the REAL San Fran. Last time I visited in 1998, I only visited the horrible tourist trap of Pier 39 - I hated it, and I'm not ashamed to say it left me with quite a negative impression.

Daniel - thank you SO much for an amazing tour. You totally transformed my previous views of San Francisco, and I will definitely be back when I revisit with my wife and kids in a few years time. Keep up the good work! :-)

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Cheddar75
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best part of our trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

This was hands down our favorite part of San Francisco. The guides are extremely knowledgable and a pleasure to spend the day with. You get a fully guided tour as well as biking. We took the 6 hour tour which was well worth it, with enough stops for pictures, lunch, and rest. The tour takes your to the "real" San Francisco, not just the over crowded touristy areas. The guides also give great recommendations for the rest of your stay. I was a bit nervous about biking on the streets initially as I am not a stellar biker, but the guides make you feel extremely safe and watch out for everyone in the group, one is always biking in the back to make sure no one is put in danger. Would do this tour over and over again!!

Visited August 2011
Sachse
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Deserves all the excellent reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

Josh and David have a great thing going with their cycling tour of San Francisco. The bikes and helmets are good quality and important to me on the hills good brakes. Both of them grew up in the city so are able to share a wealth about the different areas we toured. Most tourists don't know about the unique art work along Clarion alley let alone knowing something about the artists personally. We enjoyed an extra special treat when we stopped in for ice cream at a local organic ice cream shop. Self guided tours are fine but you miss a lot of the details our very experienced were able to point out.. Try it!'. You'll like it!!

Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great way to get to know the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Tim was a knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide. We broke our trip from East Coast USA to New Zealand with this tour which gave us some exercise and fresh air to combat air travel claustrophobia. Having lived in SF in '71/'72 it was great to see the improvements but the basic character of the city unchanged. Biking was relatively easy even for our 60+ bodies.

Visited May 2012