“Fabulous Turkish Dishes”

Tuba Authentic Turkish Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuba Authentic Turkish Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #349 of 6,295 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Cross street: 22nd
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

3 of us went here for dinner and were delighted with the mezzes and main dishes. We were in Turkey earlier this year and food was definitely Turkish. Highly recommend and would go back.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Lines out the door arena testament to how great of a restaurant this is. I live in San Francisco and was ecstatic to discover this place on a random Friday night. The signature dishes were amazing.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We were a party of four ordering two appetizers and four entrees to share. Everything we ordered was absolutely fantastic! I would highly recommend this restaurant; I think it is quite a gem. Keep in mind that it isn't cheap. We also ordered a bottle of wine and for all that, the bill came to roughly $210. I don't believe the bottle of wine was an expensive one. Also, because our reserved table was not quite ready when we arrived, we were given complimentary glasses of wine while we waited. I thought that was a nice touch. I will be putting this restaurant on my list of 'musts' whenever I visit my daughter in San Fran. Luckily, she is walking distance. Two of us are gluten-free and had no problem at all picking entrees and appetizers.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

When the babysitter couldn’t make it, we changed our reservation to a takeaway order. The food was ready right when we were told it would be. The woman who brought it to us and took payment was very pleasant and efficient and the room was warm and inviting. The food was great though we didn’t realize that the entrees all come with salads so we ordered salads and had way too much salad in the end. The appetizers were our favorites. We loved the cigars, the bulgar kofte with ground beef filling, the mucver (amazing vegetable patties), the pepper walnut pate, and the prawns (though the promised mango was very sparse). The smokey eggplant salad was nice as was the Turkish Salad. The main dishes were also good - chicken skewers and the beef patties - but the real gems are the starters, and you can easily make a meal out of only those.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

There are two Tuba locations in San Francisco - beware of that when making a reservation. I reserved at the other location, but this location fit me in and accommodated me. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Food was fantastic. We ordered quite a few items off the menu and they were all excellent. I would go here again in a heart beat.