“De- "light full " food!”

Tuba Authentic Turkish Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuba Authentic Turkish Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #323 of 5,910 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Cross street: 22nd
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We went here in a recommendation from son and his Turkish girlfriend. Our eyes were bigger than our stomach though! We had two different appetizers; çli Köfte and Sigara Böreği and they were good! Then we had Manti, which wasn't in the menu, PLUS eggplant! I know! Oink, . I felt like I needed to be rolled out after finishing with Turkish coffee and Turkish delight...... except we were delightfully full. It's a small place, so I'd make reservations. We did.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Our love for Tuba never ends!
This place is amazing.. great food, quality with fabulous service. What's not to love?
I've tried most of their appetizers here and my favorites are haydari ( which is the yogurt with dill)
Icli kofta (on the hot mezzas) and their signature mezza( it's a mix of crushed walnuts,
As for the entrees, we usually get the Adana kebab. It's spicy but very tasty.
Their lamb shank is also wonderful. It comes with 4 large pieces of lamb shank, side rice, veggies, yogurt and pickles. These are the same sides for the Adana kabab.
They bring their home made bread as well along with a bit of butter, olive oil and feta cheese. It's so good!
They have highlighted their gluten free items on their menu. ( that's an added bonus for us)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at Tuba three times this past spring, and never been disappointed. The staff are friendly and always accommodating, and many are the owners' family. The food is wonderful, fresh and properly nuanced with real Turkish seasoning. The bread is authentic Turkish bread. I have spent a lot of time over many years in Turkey. Tuba's food is the real deal. I cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We found this restaurant since we stayed in the neighborhood and the whole family likes Turkish food. Already when we arrived there we got a feeling that it would be something extra. The staff was very friendly, professional and helpful and we ordered a big meze platter to share as a starter and it was really amazing. The main dish and dessert was also very good. We have had dinner in many Turkish restaurants (also in Turkey), but this was one of the best! Also the best food we had during our stay in San Francisco.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Another dinner for two that was a most pleasurable experience. We started out with two appetizers - the Cevilizi Ezme and the Mucver - both delicious; and of course, this was coupled by the fresh warm Turkish bread that is served at each meal (and a bread neither I nor my guests can ever resist). We had the Turkish Efes Pilsner - which probably is the best beet in the world. Having, on previous occasions, tried all of the exqusite desserts, we shared the new Asure, and were delighted. And the Turkish coffee is good and well presented. Every time is a delightful and delicious experience!