“Great breakfast”

Taylor Street Coffee Shop
Ranked #61 of 6,298 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Description: The Taylor Street Coffee Shop is a long-standing favorite of San Francisco offering the city fresh, tasty coffee and delicious breakfast food including the millionaire's bacon. We love to serve a healthy breakfast with lots of fresh fruit, but also have items such as our breakfast pizza - hash browns under scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and more - that we know will satisfy. We keep the atmosphere casual and relaxed, the service friendly and fast, and the food hot and tasty. What more could you ask for?
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Very small breakfast/brunch place with a good menu (variety) fantastic hash and a specialty "Millionaires bacon". I was lucky enough to either be there when it opened (7am) or late (2pm) so didn't have to queue but every other time I passed it there were queues (as there were at every decent breakfast/brunch place I saw) and I can honestly say it would be worth the wait. Not the cheapest breakfast I have ever had but the great food and constant refills of coffee made this my morning haunt for my week of visiting San Francisco - that it was across the road from my hotel helped a bit as well. Portion sizes on the large side meant that I could skip lunch so overall good value.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Taylor Street Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Hi Onezed. Thank you for your several visits and kind words. We hope to see back soon!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

This place is rated one of the best breakfast places in SF and it doesn't disappoint. I got the Greek omelette and it was very tasty, came to around $16 with a coffee and a juice which although not cheap sets you up for a good day and you won't need a big lunch!

We appreciate your kind words, Alan. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

All I read from previous reviewers was how long the queue was. We went there on Sunday at noon and we only waited about 10 minutes.

Service was extremely fast and very nice. The eggs Benedict with the Millionaire bacon was just amazing with fresh ingredients. Definitely one of the best breakfast I've ever had!

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Taylor Street Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

We appreciate your visit and kind words, Steve. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Waited in line for about ten minutes. Small but very typical diner set up. Great food, great service and quick.
Had a hash set with millionaire bacon. Delicious and just what was needed on a cool SF morning. Get here before 800 or wait.
I think it is worth it.

Thank you Hugh. Millionaire's Bacon will power you through a San Francisco chill! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Everything on menu excellent. We lucked out went in early afternoon no wait friendly fast service want to go back

We're happy to hear that Doug. Thank you for your visit and kind words!