“Nice place for a fun dinner with friends”
Review of Limon Rotisserie

Limon Rotisserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Limon Rotisserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 6,298 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Cross street: 21st Street
Transit: Bart stop at 24th St. and Mission, walk down on Mission to 21st St. and make a right towards South Van Ness a block away. Also 14, 49 and 12 Muni Buses.
Description: Limon Rotisserie, best chicken in town, great Peruvian food, good value and good service.
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Gathered here with my wife and two old friends on a Saturday evening, to celebrate one of their birthdays. We had a reservation and were seated pretty quickly. I had heard that downstairs (basement level) can be kind of loud, so I was glad we were seated upstairs, where it was plenty lively and loud, but not so much that you couldn't hear your friends at your table. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive, and took our drink order right away. I had the Boo Koo IPA, which came in a can and was quite good. Others had cocktails, which they enjoyed. My wife and I spit the half rotisserie chicken (cut into 4 pieces), and got it with salad and wok fried green beans. All was very tasty, We also got a couple of orders of large taro chips, which are good with the spicy dipping sauce they serve them with. For dessert we had some kind of chocolate truffle cakes with ice cream, served with a candle while a number of staff gathered to sing Happy Birthday. It was nice that a number of them all gathered to sing with gusto. Fun place for a gathering with good food and drinks. Prices are not "cheap", but also not bad by San Francisco standards.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Limon Rotisserie explains why everyone is crazy about Peruvian cuisine: great drinks and amazing food, served in an eclectic location. We recommend the Lomo Saltado and the octopus.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable meal: we were seven, had the yucca bites and ceviche appetizers. Then the “ rice and seafood” Dish: a bit spicy. The tres leches desert was nice. Service fast and friendly.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

All of the food was very good, Ceviche Classico was excellent, as were the beef empanadas and cheese empanadas, highly recommend the pisco sour and Chilcanos for drinks.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I came here for team lunch. Being a vegetarian, I found very few options on the menu for vegetarians. Some of my teammates do not like Mushrooms so they were left with even fewer choices. I went for Tacu Tacu and a mushroom hot plate, which were not so great.
Empanadas were awesome but the serving was too small. This may be a great place for chicken lovers but definitely not for me !