This is a motel. It was in a nice area of San Francisco which is within walking distance (10-15 min) of fisherman's wharf (25 to Alcatraz dock). It appears to be family owned and they are helpful in tell you where to go, where NOT to go (always helpful in a new city) and things in the area worth seeing. This is not a luxury hotel by any means but I would recommend this hotel to a traveler who is looking to be out seeing the sights not spending a lot of time in the room. Taxi to the airport costs about $40 and is close to the trolley line.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described by guests as "the ideal place to stay in San Francisco," Castle Inn offers beautiful rooms, a fantastic location, and wonderful, friendly service. With FREE PARKING, FREE wireless internet access, in-room coffee, cable TV with HBO, hairdryers, iron/boards, mini-fridge/freezers, microwaves, a/c, and mini-breakfast, you have all of the comforts of home. Perfectly situated for your SF visit, we are within walking distance to Fisherman?s Wharf, Chinatown, Cable Cars, Crookedest Street, and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Castle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hotel San Francisco
- Castle Motel San Francisco
- Castle Inn San Francisco