“High Value High Quality for your dollar!”
Review of Columbus Motor Inn

Columbus Motor Inn
Ranked #54 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I read all the reviews for hotels in San Francisco between $90 - $140 a night. I wanted a central location with parking. I have to say that this hotel met all our expectations. The rooms and service was exceptional for $95 a night! The only issue I could see is that there is a dance club right next door. We stayed from Monday through Thursday, so there was no activity. But, I could see that weekends might be an issue. This is walking distance of the Wharf, cable cars, China town, etc. The hotel was well maintained and clean. We stayed in a room with double/double longs, I was a bit concerned, but the beds were fine. We had trouble one night with the tv reception and the staff responded within minutes. This is definitely a gem.

Room Tip: You should book early to request a room with two queen beds. We did not face Columbus street as the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank gorgecat
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Everything was wonderful; the room large & bright, location, and price. Easy walk to Fisherman's Wharf & end of Cable Car line; friendly, helpful staff. Only negative was they wanted $5.00 to print out 2 boarding passes; $2.00 would be OK; $5.00 is exorbitant.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeenSue
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I found this hotel while researching for my trip to San Francisco. This deal was an absolute bargain, as we only paid about $100 per night, which included FREE parking. The hotel is walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf, Lombard St, Telegraph Hill, Chinatown and plenty of restaurants. I normally stay in main brand hotels while traveling on business, such as Hyatt or Marriott, and I was a little skeptical about staying here, but the beds were nice, flat-screen TV was nice, bathroom was just fine, and parking was free. I have to mention that twice, as most hotels charge $30-40 minimum on parking in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square areas. I'd rate this hotel a 4.5 rating if I could.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kkalb
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We were looking for somewhere to stay for one night before taking off on our road trip and this hotel was perfect. Free parking, with big enough spaces for our SUV, well located within walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf and the rooms were spacious and very clean. I had asked for quiet rooms and this had been taken into account. Only downside was the soundproofing as we could hear doors banging early the next morning in the corridor, but I think everywhere is pretty much the same. Service was very good, both the evening and morning staff were welcoming and pleasant, giving us suggestions of where to eat. The next morning, the man on duty (Joe I think) even printed out my itinerary from his computer as I had forgotten it. Would definitely recommend as a good stopover hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank britinfranceToulouse
Reviewed 19 April 2012

You can't beat the location, a few blocks from everything, or access to everything. It's a basic motel, our room was clean and the staff were cordial. We had no problem with the wifi at all,and it wasn't slow. We also had no problems with musty smells,faulty toilets or noise from Columbus Ave.
Our stay was enjoyable from start to finish.I can't find a single thing to complain about, as I understood that this was a motel, not a hotel, at the time I booked it. We will definitely stay here on our next trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple