Lombard Motor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Francisco Bay Inn(San Francisco)
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
Redwood Inn(San Francisco)
Very Good 4/5
Buena Vista Motor Inn(San Francisco)
Good 3.5/5
Van Ness Inn Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Town House Motel(San Francisco)
Good 3.5/5
da Vinci Villa(San Francisco)
  • Pool
Marina Inn(San Francisco)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Inn on Broadway(San Francisco)
Average 3/5
All reviewsfree parkingthe golden gate bridgefisherman's wharfmemory foamwithin walking distancecrooked streetroom was cleanvan nesscrookedest streetfort masonthird floorbusy roadghirardelli squarebasic hotelminute walkflat screen tvpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed at the Lombard Motor Inn for 5 nights in mid-April and it proved to be an excellent choice. I originally looked at a number of hotels in the Union Square area, but decided not to spend the money on a hotel room when we would be out sight-seeing most of the time.

The room at the Lombard Motor Inn was recently renovated with a clean, modern bathroom, a 42"(+?) flat screen TV and a balcony overlooking Lombard Street. We requested this location as the third floor Lombard Street rooms have a view of the GG bridge. Yes, Lombard St is busy all night and the tour and commuter buses all come through on the 101. But we never even used the ear plugs I brought. Guess all the walking and activities made for deep sleeping. Anyways, we loved the street-life and the balcony.

The new (tempurpedic?) king-sized bed was wonderful! Linens are changed every three days, unless requested more often. We ordered the optional refrigerator at and extra $5 per day.

Check-in and check-out were flawless. The average price per night was as stated on the reservations: about $102/night. Staff was friendly and helpful. We were able to borrow a corkscrew from the front desk. And when our TV froze at about 10pm one night, the the front desk attendant came right up to fix it.

The location was very convenient for us as we planned to visit many different areas of the city. We took the muni everywhere, especially the buses along Van Ness and Chestnut St. The walk to Fisherman's Wharf was about 15 minutes. We rented a car for one day and were able to park it overnight in the hotel garage at no additional charge.

I would definitely stay at the Lombard Motor Inn again. But I would also check out the Cow Hollow Motor Inn, a sister property. While it doesn't have balcony rooms, I would love to be closer to a restaurant/shopping district, as the Cow Hollow is. We walked to this area for dinner on two different evenings; on two other evenings we had dinner on Union Street. Both are easy walks, but it might be nice to be closer to the nightlife of these areas. Another possibility would be the Columbus Motor Inn, which also has balconies and might be closer to restaurants.

There are a couple of small markets in the immediate area for snacks and drinks and other supplies.

It looked like the first floor rooms were being renovated in April 2012 while we were there.

Room Tip: King rooms are on the Lombard Street side with balconies. Good for deeper sleepers. The sliders do not keep the noise out.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank archiemom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Price and location make this hotel one outstanding deal. I was traveling with teenage kids and wanted to be in walking distance of the Wharf and other things to do but didn't want to pay over $100 per night. We were lucky enough to get a renovated room on the third floor and it was really clean and nicely redone. What makes this place the ultimate deal is the free parking! The Holiday Inn up the street wanted $45 a night for my car which just wasn't going to happen. Even though there's no free breakfast at this hotel the money I spent on a few muffins and bananas was nothing compared to what I saved by staying here. The only negatives (minor) I would say is that even on the third floor you can really hear the road noise on Lombard - so bring ear plugs. And even though the rooms are renovated the furniture was a bit dated. Finally, the elevator did break down while we were there - but the seemed to be on top of it and repairs were being done quickly. One nice thing they did was let me keep the car parked there after we'd checked out and I got it later that day before we took the red-eye back to the east coast, which was a money saver. All in all, a great hotel for the money and I definitely will be back....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed here for one night. The first room we were in was on the first floor facing Lombard St. Wouldn't recommend facing the street unless your use to traffic noise. Asked for another room and were given a third floor room opposite Lombard St. This room had been remodeled and was very nice. Comfortable, clean, quiet, great night. We will be back in future visits.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellingMan37
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I visited this "motor inn" twice last summer on a family vacation to Yosemite. I traveled to San Francisco again in February 2012 for a business conference and stayed afterwards to do some sightseeing. I booked online directly with the hotel website (hint: it's the cheapest place to book here) and found the prices up just a little from last year. However, after paying $180 for parking in the financial district, the extra $20 was well worth just the free parking alone.

Pulling into the garage I was met with stacks of wood, carpet, and other remodeling items. I checked in, and found myself in a completely remodeled room. The rooms were a bit dated on my previous trip, but still in great shape. With the new updates, the room prices are STILL one of the best deals in the area. Oh, and did I mention the free parking?

New carpeting, plasma/LCD televisions, new paint, completely remodeled bathrooms, nice new firm memory foam mattresses. I slept like a log. The old tubs are replaced with nice tile showers. The rooms on the front of the hotel are still noisier (why do people on this side of town use car horns so much?), but considering the deal, the proximity to great restaurants and the pier area, a $.39 set of earplugs is well worth the price. The rooms on the back side are literally silent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are very quiet, but dark and with no view as there is a wall 3 feet away. Choose a front side room for a view, but pack earplugs. Right next to the garage entrance is a great little deli. Across the street is a little breakfast place that is cheap and good. Within walking distance are some awesome restaurants. Ask the hotel staff for suggestions.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StLJam59
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in feb 2010. The rom was big and with a room off the street it was also very quiet. It could use a upgrad. The bath rom had a ok size and was clean. Parking was free. Walking distance to Fishermans warf. Mels dinner was right down the street. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family