Coventry Motor Inn
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$ 404
US$ 253
US$ 301
US$ 251
  • Bar/Lounge
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 265
US$ 259
US$ 325
US$ 302
  • Room Service
US$ 219
US$ 209
  • Restaurant
Taj Campton Place(San Francisco)
US$ 449
US$ 321
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 262
US$ 218
  • Pool
da Vinci Villa(San Francisco)
US$ 232
Hotwire.com
1,646 results
All reviewslombard streetfree parkingmemory foamthe golden gate bridgefisherman's wharfmarina districtchestnut sthome platemel's dinercow hollowbay windowwalking distancefort masonpalace of fine artsroom was largeroom facingclean rooms
Reviewed 24 June 2012

May/June 2012. We had two stays of three days in this 'Motel' either side of our trip to the Hawaiian Islands. On both occasions we requested a room on the quiet side of the hotel and were accommodated each time. The rooms are enormous, by British standards, and extremely comfortable. We had no problems with the cleanliness and the service received from the maids was excellent and unobtrusive. What really made our stays special was the service received from the front desk. All were excellent and extremely helpful with local knowledge and tourist information. However, i must mention Tony and Vince who both went out of their way to ensure our stay was the best experience. Our sincere thanks to you both for sorting out our little problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on Moulton or Buchanan Street as these are quieter than the main drag of Lombard Street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Weekend_Roamer1
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Free parking is a huge bonus when you are touring. The location is good - the open top "hop on / hop off" bus has two stops on Lombard and many places are walkable. Tony on the front desk was hugely helpful in recommending places to eat and how to get around. The room was excellent and quiet. Would have no reservations in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

You can't really go wrong with the Coventry Motor Inn. Clean spacious rooms, kind staff, great location for Lombard, Chestnut and Union st. It feels more like a hotel than like a "motor inn". The one point deducted above is because I was given an "inner room", window overlooking a white brick wall for all 4 nights of my stay! Lucky I was at the top floor so I got just a little daylight. Unsure about lower floors. This is rather depressing to wake up in the morning and all you can see through the window is that wall, a few feet from your window. The hotel management should be aware of that and try to move their guests to other rooms as soon as those become available.
The other rooms I heard people complain about are the rooms closest to the elevator. The doors are not noise proof and there's an ice machine next to the elevator...
Another thing: the rooms don't have a mini fridge, I only discovered when we left I could actually rent one for additional payment.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing to Multon street. Hope you are luckier than me.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I travel a lot and wish I could take the Hotel and Staff with me. I spent 6 days in SF and had a great time. The Staff is the best and know all the local places to go. Great free parking!!! Great location!! Great store a cross the steet. Very clean!!!!!! I will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My family stayed at the Inn for 4 nights. Rooms were large with 2 x qlty double beds and still had room for a small table. A great location. An easy walk to the crooked st, fisherman's wharf, china town and Palace of Fine Arts. We have a 5 and 7 year old and they managed the walks with ease. Of note for families, there a playground about 100 yards away and a Safeway 300 yards. A great stay and highly recommend to families and couples alike.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family