Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM

from US$ 18.67
from US$ 79.00
from US$ 32.00
More Info
All reviews exotic plants full bloom gift shop greenhouse trees
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2017

There's always so much to do in the Golden gate park. We brought our bikes so Parking wasn't an issue. We visited the conservatory around 5:00 PM, they close at 6:30, it wasn't crowded. The butterfly exhibit was a special treat.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank T8670RPlm
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I am not into plants, so the flower conservatory alone did not peak my interest. If you dont love plants then this may not be a worthy spot.

HOWEVER, during our visit to San Fran the flower consrevatory was having a butterfly exhibit. I have been to lots of butterfly exhibits before and this one was ok.

WHAT MAKE THE BUTTERFLY EXHIBIT GREAT, was the ability for $20 (up to a group of 4) to get to release a butterfly. We also got a one on one guide about the butterfly transformation, which was probably the 1st time I truly understood it.
They have a display case where we actually saw 2 Monarch butterflies come out of their caccoon. We released a Monarch butterfly. First time, I had ever experienced anything like that....even though I have been to butterfly farms many times.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 22 March 2017

the conservatory has so many plants and you learn alot about them. They also have the butteflies exihibit and that is an interesting part. I enjoyed the quiet coll calmin enviroment they had. The addition of water falls and bridges made the place look so natural. the different types , heights and textures of plants and flowers is wonderful. They have a great selection of orchids. You see plants from basically all over the world. It's a great place to visit

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank mothergirl
Reviewed 18 March 2017

We went on a weekday in February and it was not crowded. We very much enjoyed the walk through the different sections with so many beautiful orchids. We really enjoyed that. When we got to the butterfly section, we arrived just in time to see some butterflies emerge from their chrysalis' and watch their wings inflate quickly. Then we walked into the room where the emerged butterflies were free to fly around. I have never seen so many different kinds and so beautiful - Brilliant! I was right chuffed.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Our third trip to the Conservatory of Flowers, each in a different season, and always different plantings outside and exhibits inside. Worth the price of admission in any season.

Date of experience: March 2017