Chancellor Hotel on Union Square
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
5,434 results
All reviewspillow menutour deskcable carrubber duckunion squarefree cookiesgreat locationceiling fanbath saltsrooms are smallwalk in closetpowell stno air conditioningour honeymoonmuni passcharming hotelan older hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I just could not believe all the great reviews of the Chancellor before staying there. Have these people ever stayed at a Ritz Calrton or Four Seasons? Well, I get it now. While it is not one of those properties, it is one of the most friendly, well located and well-kept (older) properties I have visited in a long time. My 15 year-old son and I did a last minute trip to San Francisco. He too has experienced club level at the Ritz, etc. and he loved it. Rooms and bathrooms are small and as shown on everyone's pictures but incrediably well kept. My matress wasn't great but after walking San Francisco each day I slept like a baby. For the class of hotel and value, it is unbeatable. Bottom line: I will make this hotel my first choice to stay in San Francisco especially when not travelling on my company's account.

Room Tip: Ther buildings downtown are so close together, there is not much to see from any room. We faces Union Square and that was great.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Bryant B
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My partner and I just returned from three nights at the Chancellor Hotel on Union Square. I couldn't have been happier with our stay. There were efforts to be green while maintaining a very high level of service. We loved the fruit, coffee, tea, and cookies available in the lobby. We encountered people who had been returning for 30 years and we will surely join them. The location was great. We hopped on cable cars 8 times in three days and had easy access to the Bart and airport. We liked the city noises and great places to eat nearby. This time San Francisco seemed like home.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john_rose3
Reviewed 3 March 2012

nice hotel with reasonable price and good location. Good to go everywhere san francisco. Comfortable bed and pillows, good amenity.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank QwanKim
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Our first visit to San Fran and we loved this hotel - the location is fantastic (much prefer Union Square to Fishermans Wharf). Professional and friendly staff, felt like a family run hotel with little extras such as free tea/coffee and biscuits in reception. Rooms were very clean, bathrooms a little on the small side but functional. Great value for money and a location that would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SunHol1
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The location just off Union Square is fantastic. Walk from BART. The lobby is a little small and has lots of activity. The room is nicely updated, and the bed is super comfortable. The windows open so real air is possible. The bathroom is not big but it has the deepest tub I've seen short of a hot tub. I would definitely be happy with the room at almost twice what we're paying. Besides the desk said that it's expected that the guests will take the rubber ducky. Now that's a real nice touch. The room is very clean and has no smell at all.

• Stayed: March 2012