The Hilton this isn't, if you are after a modern hotel with steel and glass then look elsewhere. This is all wood and carpet and some may see this as dated, others will see it as quaint old fashioned charm. The room was a good size and the views across the City were befitting of a hotel in such an elevated position....whcih takes me to my next point. Nob Hill is as the name would suggest a Hill. San Francisco is full of hills so that is no surprise. I am a fairly young and fit guy so for me it was just the one lung that seemed to explode everytime I strolled up from the main strip, any older and I may have been in trouble. The location is fantastic, dont be mistaken on that point, it is just far enough out of the hustle and bustle but literally 5 minutes walk (downhill) and you are in the middle of it all. From the top of Nob Hill the streets flow down either side and the Bay winds blow in a swirling breath of freshness....but you may be looking for a taxi or cable car if you have had a busy day shopping or sight seeing and you find yourself at the bottom.
Breakfast at The Huntington for me was Eggs Benedict every morning and served in the old style bar area it felt like a comfy bit of grub in your local. Again this may not be to everybodys tastes but I loved it. The booths were private and comfy and there was none of that cold stiffness you can sometimes find in more modern establishments. Eggs Benedict were superb and the coffee was free flowing.
Overall I had a great experience at The Huntington and would certainly recommend. If you are used to Hiltons/Radissons etc then this will be a very pleasant change. All the mod cons are available but in am old fashioned surrounding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa