Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$ 404
US$ 253
US$ 301
US$ 251
  • Bar/Lounge
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 265
US$ 259
US$ 325
US$ 302
  • Room Service
da Vinci Villa(San Francisco)
US$ 232
US$ 208
Agoda.com
US$ 230
US$ 209
  • Restaurant
Taj Campton Place(San Francisco)
US$ 449
US$ 321
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 240
US$ 218
2,298 results
All reviewsjapan townsoaking tubjapantown mallshoji screensjapanese decorjapanese malljapanese gardenjapanese bathfillmore streetcorner king roombath saltsself parkingpacific heightsenjoyed my staywonderful hotelgolden gate parkcoffee maker
Reviewed 5 July 2012

On arriving at the hotel, the staff were beautiful to deal with, relaxed, friendly but most of all extremely polite, the rooms were large, the bathroom could have done with a picture or two, but, also a large area, and they had a steam room fitted into the bathroom which was tried and tested. if you didn't mind walking the distance to the Quay as it is a fair bit away, but the stroll was superb, there is also great bus service into San Fran town area! you have the pier locations down at the bay which is about a 30/45 minute walk if desired or as previously mentioned the bus along one main avenue..... all in all a great hotel

Room Tip: Up grades generally granted on arrival if available
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Imran J, Front Office Manager at Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear paddy35,

I am so happy to read about your experience at the Hotel Kabuki. Service being our hallmark, it is great to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please vist us soon. We are always here to serve.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Booked this as it's 3 blocks from Fillmore Auditorium and I was traveling for a concert there. The central A/C doesnt work and the furnishings were tired, but the room was comfortable, rates reasonable, and staff friendly and helpful. Avoid the local Safeway as the produce section looked like what is normally found in the dumpster and homeless folks seem to be using it clandestinely as their lunch counter.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MightyVinyl

Dear MightyVinyl,

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that the temperature control was not working in your room, and that the furnishings were not to your standards. If you choose to stay with us again, I would love to direct you to some of the other neighborhoods that are adjeacent to Japantown. My favorite is Lower Pac Heights; the neighborhood is 5-10 minutes away by foot with many quality places to shop for produce. Please know that I am at your service if needed.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I spent two nights at Hotel Kabuki while attending a conference at the Moscone Center. The room was clean both inside and outside-- more on that in a minute. Insofar as the rest of the stay, the front desk staff were friendly and helpful when I needed them. Having said that, upon arrival and room assignment, when I got to my room, I noticed some dishes left outside someones door, and when I left yesterday (2-day later), they were still there in the hallway. Additionally, I saw a different set left outside someone else's room and again, the cleaning ladies walked by them to clean the rooms and ignored them. Further, I had my toilet back-up, and when the guy came to plunge the toilet, he told me it happens rather frequently, so my guess is the plumbing is a little bit iffy... moral of the story being, use toilet paper judiciously :). In sum, overlooking the few hiccups, strongly recommend the hotel. Back to cleanliness inward and outward, unlike other hotels around Union square plagued with people laying on the streets, and walkways, I was pleasantly surprised not to see any of that, and therefore one can feel comfortable going in and out of the hotel at all hours. I hope this helps

Room Tip: You can catch a muni bus at the corner of Laguna/Geary right behind Hotel Kabuki to get to you market street for $2. Bus runs frequently and is very convenient way to travel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank ilove2travel951

Dear ilove2travel951,

Thank you for your review and candid feeback. I am sorry for the hiccups but was delighted to read that we were very friendly and helpful. I promise all your feedback has been addressed, and our hope is for your next stay to be hiccup-free. Should you need any service, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was suspicious because the hotel rates were pretty low for this place for San Francisco. The room was great and clean. I had free internet. What was a big plus was the bathroom. It weirded me out at first because there was a shower and a bathtub, but then I remembered my trip to Japan a long time ago where they loved their baths. The Japanese tradition is to sit in a hot bath, then rinse yourself in a shower, and then go back into the bathtub and repeat. You can actually do that here! The bathroom is equipped and huge enough to do that, and I enjoyed *several* baths during my 2-night stay.

The low rate may be due to the location. When walking around at 7 am I didn't feel completely comfortable. Walk in a certain direction and you would reach the Tenderloin district, which is a dangerous area. The concierge advise I take a taxi if I wanted to go in that direction. However, if you go the opposite direction, towards the Fillmore district, then there are a lot of restaurants and clubs. There are bus stops, but no nearby bart station that I saw.

I would return if I was staying in this part of San Francisco. If I was visiting SF for the first time, i would choose a place more central.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HappyBelly

Dear HappyBelly,

I am delighted to read that you had a great experience with our Japanese deep soaking tubs. The Hotel Kabuki is proud of the serenity that comes with our rooms. We do our best to bring together Eastern and Western traditions. Should you return, I will do my best to help you navigate the city and reach all your preferred destinations.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is the hotel I stay every time I am in San Fran. You will like it only if you appreciate ryokan style service. The hotel is small, yet has some unique rooms like ryokan style bath and rooms. and the best part is its location - right in the japan town!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sangman

Dear sangman,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our property so throughly. We will see you soon. In the interim, please let me know if I can be of service in any way.