Finding a place away from the noise and crowds of Union Square, we opted to stay at the Hotel Kabuki in Japantown. The hotel has easy access with valet parking for a SF reasonable price. The hotel is close to some good Sushi andJapanese places to eat, a movie theater and a short walk to the eclectic Filmore Street. My family of four stayed in their two double beds room, which was about $140 a night. It had a nice little shared (with the adjacent room)balcony overlooking the Japantown plaza. What I didn't like about the hotel was the elevator noise...a whining high pitched noise as the elevators traveled up and down...much worse than the occasional ding when the car arrives on the floor. The tv was really tiny...maybe 19 inches? But worse of all was the bathroom that had a toilet which had a door, but then the shower area was separated with a glass door and the sink area was between the two and there was no door separating that from the bedroom. So essentially for a modest family, one person only could be in that area either showering, using the sink/mirror or the toilet...definitely not a good setup for a family of four wanting to get a quick start to the morning. I might stay here again, it it were just me or me and my wife, but would opt for something different when coming back with the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a unique blend of Eastern and Western influences, Hotel Kabuki offers sleek and serene accommodations in the heart of Japantown. Unwind in style. Our rooms offer a refined and serene ambiance and an aesthetic that marries Eastern and Western sensibilities. Some feature luxurious amenities like Japanese-style soaking tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kabuki Hotel San Francisco
- Miyako Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco
- Kabuki San Francisco