Cova Hotel
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$ 290
US$ 253
US$ 382
US$ 251
  • Bar/Lounge
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 265
US$ 259
US$ 229
US$ 209
  • Restaurant
da Vinci Villa(San Francisco)
US$ 229
US$ 215
Agoda.com
US$ 325
US$ 302
  • Room Service
Taj Campton Place(San Francisco)
US$ 384
US$ 321
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 240
US$ 218
1,255 results
All reviewsfree shuttlehomeless peopleshuttle serviceellis streethotel shuttlegreat hotelwaffle machineunion squaretenderloin districtrooftop terracecomplimentary breakfastfisherman's wharfhard boiled eggsthe hotel offerstop flooryogurtthe hotel is clean
Reviewed 20 March 2012

There's homeless people everywhere, the surrounding area smells terrible, the front desk are incredibly unhelpful, there's no room-service or on-site dining. In fact the onsite restaurant was padlocked shut with big industrial chains - it looked like a crime scene.

What a terrible idea to stay here. Avoid this [--] at all costs, guys!

I called downstairs to complain about being put in the wrong room, then not being given access to the 'free wifi', then for not having been given food menus to order from local restaurants. The front desk proceeded to hang up on me after dismissing most of my responses.

I've never dealt with such unprofessional staff and unhelpful people in my life. I can't wait to get out of this dump.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sunny D
Joyce P, Guest Satisfaction Ambassador at Cova Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Hello Sunny D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and it’s our pleasure for having you here at the Cova recently.

We are located in the tenderloin, which is very unique part of San Francisco. Our front desk agents are so knowledgeable at advising our guests which area or streets to avoid. We also have a complimentary shuttle that would take you to the main parts of the city. All of the time, our Wi-Fi access and password is written on our guests key card holder, and you can find it also to our information binder inside our guest rooms. Unfortunately, the restaurant was owned and managed independently before, and I apologize if you not informed that the restaurant had been closed. However, I am happy to inform you that the hotel is in the process of taking over it.

We pride ourselves on customer service, I would be grateful to get all the information from you directly. Please contact me at joyce@covahotel.com or at 415.771.3000 ext. 1127.
Thanks again for taking time sharing your thoughts and once again, thank you for staying at the Cova Hotel.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I loved this hotel. Very clean quality rooms. Spacious, comfortable beds, clean renovated bathrooms and tea and coffee making etc.

It really had everything and also included breakfast. Probably for about $100 less per night than similar SF hotels.

Now you do have to be aware about the area it's in though. As someone who lives in an inner-city area myself I was fine with it. But I can see how a family or an elderly couple who are used to suburban or rural living would find it confronting.

However if you are saving $100 per night you can afford to pay for door-to-door cabs to and from the hotel and still come out well in front!

So I believe it is definitely worth it - perfect choice for young travellers used to city living.

Not ideal location for elderly or families but if you just remember to take cabs you won't even notice you're in a dodgy area!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Ben_melb
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The hotel is great along with the service, shuttle is on schedule like clock work making it's daily rounds as scheduled. The staff is very helpful and accommodating, rooms are modern and fresh with a cool breeze through the rooms window. Surrounding area is undesirable around 4pm, but fresh early in the morning. Shuttle driver is very knowledgable and may turn you on to hidden gems such as different restaurants, nightlife, cultural locations, and recreational hot spots.

Room Tip: Contact Joyce reservation specialist at the Cova Hotel to best meet your needs
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank George1121
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel is in the worst area. Very unsafe.Homeless shelter is block away from this hotel. As we were entering, people who sit outside the hotel, gradded one of my friend's arm. It was very scary! Also the hotel promises shuttle service. The shuttle either leave early without you or you have to wait hours despite making making reservation for the shuttle. Very poor service. When tried to complaint about it to the front desk, she stated ' we are under paid here, we are doing the best'. One day we even found the door of our room left open.
If you care for your safety don't go to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Joyce P, Guest Satisfaction Ambassador at Cova Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear Shivi D,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience.
We apologize for how you felt during your stay at our hotel. As you noted, our complimentary shuttle runs hourly from 8am to 10pm daily in various parts of the city. Though we would like to ensure a precise schedule, downtown traffic can affect our pick-up and drop-off times. In regards to the security of our guest, we take extra precautions including mandatory key card access for elevators to all guestroom floors.

We would appreciate your time if you could contact us directly regarding your actual stay date and room number, so we could further investigate these issues. Thank you for your feedback and we will use it to better our services.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I travelled here with my wife and we were upgraded to the suite. all rooms are exactly how they look in the pictures. Good service, great breakfast, pretty terrace, but location was very off. It says union square, but it was in the shady area around Union Square. We always had to cab it to and from union square only coz locality felt little shady and unsafe. Staff was always courteous and ready to help. Good experience minus the location.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple