“The Best Segway Tour Ever! Thank You Zack!”

City Segway Tours San Francisco
US$ 60.00*
San Francisco Segway Tour: North Beach and Ghirardelli Square
Ranked #3 of 300 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: San Francisco is best enjoyed as you glide through its streets and along the waterfront. Our world-class tour guides provide heaps of unique and fascinating stories that make this the city's most fascinating tour! All tours are limited in size so you can count on a great and a personal experience full of fun and fantastic photo ops! City Segway Tours is the original Segway tour company! When you glide with us, you’ll know you are gliding with the original and the best.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I was visiting San Francisco for the first time and having stumbled upon the tour shop a few days previously me, my brother and sister in law came in and booked a tour and we were in luck as there was one departing within that same hour.

Our tour guide was a really nice guy called Zack - he booked us in, showed us the safety video, got us kitted up and then helped our small group in getting to grips with the Segway (a few of us including myself had not used one before). We were made extremely welcome and only when Zack was happy with our standard of competency in the office on the Segway, did he let us outside, but again made sure we didn't stray far until we were comfortable and proficient.

Our tour started near the office and Zack stayed in front, showing us what the various hand signals meant so we would understand when to go, when to slow down and stop. Having been the worst on the Segway at the beginning, Zack kept a watchful eye on me and let me ride up front near to him just in case! It was such a comfort as I was rubbish to begin with! I didn't feel very confident at all but Zack was very good in giving praise and letting us know we were doing well, which really helped.

The tour itself was super fun - Zack took us along the waterfront, up hills, down hills, past some lovely neighbourhoods and buildings, showing us his local knowledge, good places to visit and eat and was really fun, friendly and informative - there really was no dull moment at all and he made it excellent.

We were due to come back to the office but en-route, we were close-by to the windy hair-pin turn Lombard Street and one lady in the group asked if we were going down it? Zack laughed and said no, but closer to the street, he asked if we wanted to go down it - we all jumped at the chance. It was testament to how confident Zack made the group feel as even though I was rubbish to begin with, I felt super confident about going down this street, which as you probably know, is super steep. In fact, I was the third person down it behind Zack and another lady! Zack stayed in front and once down, kindly took pictures of us all going down the hill. It was one of the highlights of the day and indeed my trip, which was my first to San Francisco.

I think the tour is absolutely fantastic and for $70.00 or so, it is very much worth the money. The tour lasted over 2.5 hours, you get to scoot about on a top-notch Segway, with a tour guide who really knows what he is doing - you cannot fault this at all, it was absolutely brilliant. When I came back to the tour shop at the end, I was the last person to go in as I did not want to get off.

Thank you so much Zack and City Segway Tours San Francisco - you are awesome and made my first time in the city and my holiday an even more fun time. If anyone wants to do something fun, different and unique, you cannot do any better than City Segway Tours - and if you get Zack as your guide, you are in for an awesome time!

I can't wait to come back and do it all over again soon...

Thanks Will

1  Thank WIll M

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The tour around San Fransisco was awesome! Anyone making reservations should request Zak. He was patent and informative, and what a blast! My wife and I want to do it again! Only with Zak!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Went with my husband. Greg was our guide and he was great. Tour was very safe and they made sure you could use them before we went. They were heaps of fun, and you got to see a lot. Highly recommended

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We had a "getaway weekend" from the kids and spend it in the wine country and then came back to San Francisco. The tour was actually a blast. my wife had so far rather bad experience with any self-driven "motorized" tours. Our guide, Alejandro, was awesome, funny and on the spot. Segway are easy to drive after a little training that they provide before you go on the tour.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Had a great time. Alejandro was our guide. Was a fantastic was to spend 3 hours with friends. No one had experience riding a Segway; after a quick instruction it was easy.