Ways to Experience Lombard Street
from $92.44
from $53.10
from $85.00
18,229 results
All reviews zig zag drove down driving down beautiful street cable car walk up steep hill take pictures coit tower bucket list fisherman's wharf tourists cars curvy crooked photos homes
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2010

it is a very different street, one of those things you have to see, the better view is from the bottom of the street looking up. you can get to it from a cable car in union square so you do not have to walk all the way there

1  Thank klein3
Reviewed 18 May 2010

While I wouldn't say this is an attraction you would spend any major time at, it is something I would suggest seeing. I think my husband and I spent about 15-20 minutes...we walked from the top down and took some pictures and left. It is pretty neat to see, but the funniest part is watching people who can't drive to begin with try to drive down the street. Makes me nervous for those million dollar homes on the street!

3  Thank Bella213
Reviewed 20 March 2010

We walked UP from Fisherman's Wharf Pier 43 1/2. Was a good work-out but once we got there it was pretty lame. I have not seen anything like that before so I guess seeing it once was worthwhile but would I go back again? I dont think so!

1  Thank kolC
Reviewed 25 February 2010

This is a uniquely SF curiosity.

You have to see it to believe it.

Untill you visit San Francisco, it's difficult to comprehend just how steep the streets are!

Lombard Street really is crooked. It's in a nice part of town, with well maintained homes facing the street.

During the day, it does attract tourists both at the top and bottom, as well as driving through! It's not a long drive or walk through.

You can get there by driving, or taking a cable car. You take the Hyde Street Cable Car line, which stops on the crest.

Besides the novelty/ curiosity value, it does offer a good vantage point for sightseeing- you can see down Hyde Street to Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz and the rest of the Bay. Then, looking east, you can take in North Beach, Telegraph Hill, and the Bay Bridge.

It is a genuine curiosity, and it''s easily visited during a day in SF without going too far out of your way. Hence, it's worth a look!

Tip: photograph from the bottom, looking ytoward the top!

4  Thank adelaidiantraveller
Reviewed 19 January 2010

You can't pass up Lombard St. when in San Fran. If you go early or during the week, there isn't usually a long line. Fun to drive down, but more fun to walk. Pictures are best from the bottom.

1  Thank Beentheredonethat777