“UPSCALE DINNER FOR JULY 4TH WEEK VACATION FINALE”

The Tavern at Quarry Hills
Ranked #7 of 307 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Visiting a friend for a long weekend to close out July 4th week vacation, we had a special dinner at The Tavern at Quarry Hills which was part of the Granite Links Golf Club.

We used the valet parking. Inside, we had to put our names in for a table. The initial estimated 15-minute wait turned into a 30-minute wait.

The décor was modern with dark furniture. The chair were padded. The cobalt glass water glasses added some color to otherwise lackluster furnishings.

We got settled at our table. Drink orders were taken. My friend had iced tea at $4.00. I had water.

The menu had a wide variety of food from pizza to burgers to dinner entrees.

When the drinks arrived, we ordered our meals. My friend got the Filet Mignon with Sangria Demi-Glaze, Yukon Mashed Potatoes, and asparagus at $29.00. I got the Baked Scallops with buttery Ritz cracker Stuffing, Yukon Mashed Potatoes, and Haricots Verts at $24.00.

Meanwhile, we enjoyed hot dinner rolls with whipped butter. The rolls had a light crust and a nice pully texture. They were excellent.

Then, the meals came about 20 minutes later. My friend's filet mignon was done exactly to medium rare. That was wonderful.

The first two of my baked scallops were fresh, hot, moist, tender and delicious. The third and fourth scallops were cooked only halfway through. I made the waitress aware of the problem. She dealt with it quickly and efficiently. The baking dish was taken back to the kitchen and returned about 5 minutes later by a busman. The dish and the scallops were mad hot. The remaining seven scallops were thoroughly cooked. They were just as moist and tender as the first two.

Service was good. The place was clean.

We enjoyed our meals there and would eat there again.

We rate The Tavern at Quarry Hills at 4.25.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Maurene_K

Reviewed 11 July 2017

was there at sunset and the view was extraordinary.The food was great just food portions were a tad small.The service was great.The restaurant was very clean as also the rest rooms.We had a
minimal wait like 20 minutes but was well worth it.We waited outside and had a great view of the golf course.It was a very warm eve but the temperature inside was very comfortable.It's very easy to get there because it's literally right off the highway.I thought they were a bit pricey but my steak was well worth it.the desserts looked great but didn't get one.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I have never left a 0 tip before and I'm 50
The clacking hens behind the bar were more interested in complaining about a fellow employee then a paying customer
I got absolutely no attention at all didn't even ask if My dinner was all right or if I needed anything or another beverage
I wouldn't put either of them to run a lemonade stand
Disgraceful
Quincy Center if you haven't been in a while you'll be pleasantly surprised
It's worth the trip

Date of visit: July 2017
3  Thank LASHOOT5
Reviewed 29 May 2017

A well designed, maintained and serviced golf course on a high plateau with a view of the beautiful city of Boston. Add in a high end tavern with a glass atrium that overlooks Boston and you have the perfect mix of architectural ambiance and view. We attended a brunch for fifty people that was meticulously arranged with white table cloths and all the assorted tableware. The food was superb to say the least. The staff was very polite and on top of their game for service. Plenty of parking. Well worth many a visit.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 6 May 2017

We played an early round of golf and enjoyed a traditional pub lunch afterwards - lots of food, fresh and delicious. I had the chicken tenders with Buffalo sauce - and perhaps I didn't read the menu clearly, but they include hot banana pepper rings and a blue cheese crumble all over the tenders. I'm not a big fan of blue cheese personally, and it had the tendency to stick everywhere to the buffalo sauce - so it was a flavour imposed on me with little option. It didn't ruin the meal - but didn't make it better, and since I didn't recall it being mentioned, it was certainly not an upside.
Service was good though - and overall a good experience.

Date of visit: May 2017