“A good Value and Pleasant Ambiance”
Review of Chowder House

Chowder House
Ranked #49 of 306 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Dear Sirs,

What a most pleasant experience to have found your establishment!! Easily reachable from
downtown Boston and to top it, the food was delicious with a wide variety of choices and the prices most reasonable. I would happily encourage a journey to the Chowder House as a most desirable
destination. As Julia Child would have said had she had the opportunity ,considering the
amenities offered- What a good investment of effort and money!!

5  Thank denarch

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Food is great and the Saturday night kareoke crowd is lots of fun! Went with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday.

1  Thank Joni C
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were at the Chowder House restaurant part of the complex. There are few places that offer white table cloths. This is one of the remaining few. Service was excellent. Our waitress was on the ball and attentive but not overbearing. Food was good. My husband had the lobster newburg and found the lobster tough and chewy. Don't know what could do that...over cooking or frozen? He says the sauce and pastry topping was good, the asparagus was good as were the French fries. I had the petite filet mignon and was slightly disappointed as the edges were well done. It came with mushroom sauce or bernaise sauce, I chose the bernaise and it was very good. The roasted potatoes and asparagus also were excellent. Maybe I should order the full size filet next time or order it medium raw as the meat was dry around the edges. All in all, a pleasant meal.

1  Thank Carol565
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We decided to try the 2 for $34 meal with a bottle of wine. Hubby ordered some sort of chicken with spinach and tortellini, he ate it all. I on the other hand, ordered a Limon chicken with mashed potatoes. I *think* the mashed potatoes had bacon in them. Not being sure I stopped eating them. The "Limon"chicken came with a breast of chicken with a "Limon" sauce, roasted tomatoes with a melted mozzarella cheese. The chicken had no flavor whatsoever and the cheese was like eating silly putty. I guess I shouldn't have expected too much for that price. The waitress' attitude was as if we should be grateful she even acknowledged us. I think we were the youngest couple I there by a good 40 years. I guess I can check that place off as having tried it, but I won't be back.....

1  Thank gert0517
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Very near our house we have 3 restaurants in one location. Our favorite is the pub. The causual atmosphere is cosy. Beers on tap can come in pitchers for your table. The hamburgers and pizza is what most people love. For a more healthy menu go the back of the building for the the cafe. There is a cosy bar and and intimate tables. There is a fancier restaurant in the front next to the pub. For some reason you can not get the beer on tap available in the other restaurants in that bar. Upstairs they have rooms for functions. We attended two functions there and were very pleased by the event.

Been to Chowder House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK